DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the DirecTV HR10 and Series3, you can program the remote to turn on/off both the TV and an AV Receiver with 1-click. You hit the TV Power button and both the TV and AV Receiver power on/off.

Been playing with the HR20 for almost a day now, is there any way to program the HR20 remote to do the same?

Currently I need to hit the DirecTV/TV Power button, move the switch to AV1 and hit power (to power on the Stereo), then move the switch back to the left.

·
Godfather
380 Posts
I followed normal remote set-up procedures and by pushing the TV off button, both the TV and HR20 are powered off.

Dave

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
It is not "really" and HR20 issue.

The remote is independent of the receiver. the HR20 just provides a list of the codes to program into it.

Depending on the Receiver you have, that may be your only method... as it is in my case. I can only power OFF my AMP in AV1 mode, it will not turn on.

On my upstairs TV (using the same model remote), which is an R15....
It doesn't turn off the TV, unless I slide over.

So.. send a PM to our user here: Edmund, he might have some ideas for you.

But again, this is not a real "HR20" issue, but is an issue with the RC series of remotes.

·
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Edmund said:
There is NO way to power off & on the Hr20, Tv, and Aud receiver with one key on any of the white dtv remotes. Just not possible.
Thanks for the quick reply ... ah well ... was hoping to mimic the HR10/Series3 setup ... family was ecstatic the day we figured out how to do this on the HR10/Series3 remote ... 1 click and everything came on or off ... ah well, back to the old way ...

·
Hall Of Fame
2,312 Posts
Sixto said:
Thanks for the quick reply ... ah well ... was hoping to mimic the HR10/Series3 setup ... family was ecstatic the day we figured out how to do this on the HR10/Series3 remote ... 1 click and everything came on or off ... ah well, back to the old way ...
You should be able to get HR20 and TV to turn on and off using TV power on/off button.
I have it working fine for my westinghouse. With my Samsung it worked perfect at first but myself and others noticed it quit working after a sw upgrade to the HR20. No one seems to be able to explain the change in behaviour due to a software upgrade to the HR20. I have noticed however sporadically the ON will turn both on OFF always turns TV and HR20 off.

You might have to try a various set of codes for the TV to see if ya can get it working for ya. Try this website for remote codes I have found their codes work best. http://www.ezremote.com/setupcodehelp/DTV/ProductSelection.php

·
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spidey said:
You should be able to get HR20 and TV to turn on and off using TV power on/off button.
The problem is getting BOTH the TV and the Stereo (Denon Receiver) to turn on/off with 1 click. Do-able with HR10/Series3, not possible with HR20 remote ... ah well, back to playing ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.