DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Signal theft is a crime and it is high time that someone is held accountable for it. Hopefully this will keep other dirtbags from stealing service. I have no sympathy fo rhim. He knew what he was doing was illegal. $4.6 million dollars of signal theft equipment was seized. This guy is a scumbag and got what he deserved.

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
There are probably some folks who say that there are more serious crimes that stealing a TV signal. I agree. However, stealing signal is violating copyrights. If you want to fight "the system", signal theft is NOT the way to do it.

·
Hall Of Fame/Supporter
6,526 Posts
This guy was a pirate DEALER, not a user. Who knows how much ill-gotten money he had received.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,027 Posts
Originally posted by karl_f
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Signal theft is a crime and it is high time that someone is held accountable for it. Hopefully this will keep other dirtbags from stealing service. I have no sympathy fo rhim. He knew what he was doing was illegal. $4.6 million dollars of signal theft equipment was seized. This guy is a scumbag and got what he deserved.
The $4.6 million estimated value of recovered equipment appears to have covered multiple raids, not just the Sang raid. It appears difficult to guage the severity of the penalties against this individual based on the news article quoted. Was this all the assets he owned? Or does he have cash socked away in a foreign account? If this were any kind of bigtime operation, it would be extremely difficult to "hide the cash", so his bank records would reveal the level of cash generated by this operation.

Anyway, it's unfortunate that the reporter was so inept at reporting the facts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.