DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have three lines running into my TV room from the Satellite and 1 OTA. I have two of the satellite lines connected to the HR20. Prior to OTA being activated on the HR20, I had one sat line and the OTA connected to my HR10. I was hoping the HR10 would let me record 2 programs at once (1 from sat & 1 from OTA) but it only allowed 1 program at a time since only one sat tuner was activated :( .

Now with the latest release on the HR10, that box is acting up worse than my HR20. Since I prefer the HR20 GUI and now have no reliable DVR, I was thinking about replacing the HR10 with an HR20.

This brings me to my question. Does anyone know if I have only 1 sat line & the OTA hooked up to the HR20, can I record two programs at once (again one from sat & one from OTA) or will I have the same restrictions as on the HR10?

·
Legend
129 Posts
bethg727 said:
I currently have three lines running into my TV room from the Satellite and 1 OTA. I have two of the satellite lines connected to the HR20. Prior to OTA being activated on the HR20, I had one sat line and the OTA connected to my HR10. I was hoping the HR10 would let me record 2 programs at once (1 from sat & 1 from OTA) but it only allowed 1 program at a time since only one sat tuner was activated :( .

Now with the latest release on the HR10, that box is acting up worse than my HR20. Since I prefer the HR20 GUI and now have no reliable DVR, I was thinking about replacing the HR10 with an HR20.

This brings me to my question. Does anyone know if I have only 1 sat line & the OTA hooked up to the HR20, can I record two programs at once (again one from sat & one from OTA) or will I have the same restrictions as on the HR10?
The HR20 take two Sat lines and one OTA but you can record one programs while watching one. The HR20 has two Sat and two OTA tuner :D

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
The HR20 seems to work as expected with 1 satellite and 1 OTA line in that both OTA tuners seem to work and only the 1 satellite tuner works. I have managed to record 2 things at once (2 OTA in my testing). What I have not done is test a prioritizer list against that comfiguration. It should work. and I look forward to someone reporting their success or failure.

Merry Christmas,
Tom

·
Cool Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tibber said:
The HR20 seems to work as expected with 1 satellite and 1 OTA line in that both OTA tuners seem to work and only the 1 satellite tuner works. I have managed to record 2 things at once (2 OTA in my testing). What I have not done is test a prioritizer list against that comfiguration. It should work. and I look forward to someone reporting their success or failure.

Merry Christmas,
Tom
Thanks Tom. It turns out my HR10 is dead. When it froze, I tried to reboot it but it stuck on the powering up screen. So I called D* since I pay for the protection plan and asked if they would replace it with an HR20 instead of shipping me another HR10. They agreed to do this at no charge. (I got my first HR20 free also). :)

So the only downside is I lost 6 months of Days of Our Lives :rolleyes: but I figure if I didn't have time to watch it for 6 months, I probably never will.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.