DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to set up my 1000 with a DPP 44 switch and 622. This whole setup worked fine at my old house and now I cannot get it working again. This forum is my last hope before I call for a tech. Who knows what I will end up with there.

Anyways, my suspicion from reading other threads is there is a special order in which the cables from the lnb's (DPP twin and dual) need attached. I thought I had tried most combinations. It still isn't working.

I know I have signal from 110 and 119 because when I hook one lead straight to the input 1 I get all those channels fine. I have not checked the 129 alone.

I can't find a simple wiring diagram anywhere. Is there a step by step process for hooking this thing up? What am I missing?:mad:

·
Legend
155 Posts
mlsmith17,

As I understand, the preferred satellite order is 119, 110, 129 into ports 1, 2, 3. But my setup is 110, 119, 129 and it works fine. Could it be the dish is not aimed correctly? If the dish is aligned towards 101, 110, 119, you'll get 110 and 119 from the 119, 129 LNBs. A fairly easy way to check is to remove the DP-twin completely and place your single feed LNB into the 119 slot of the "W" bracket and verify you are aimed to 119. You may even want to bypass the DPP-44 for this test (after running a check switch with everything disconnected). Once you verify the aim, mark that coax cable and connect it to port 1 on your DPP-44. Then you can place the single LNB back to the 129 slot and verify signal (it will probably be lower than the 119, and you may want to peak the dish). Then you can mark the coax cable an connect it to port 3 on the DPP-44. Replace the DP-twin and connec the remaining cable to port 2 on the DPP-44 and after running a final check switch all should be good with the universe.

Where did you move from? Up in Seattle, the signal strength of the 129 is marginal with a Dish 1000. If you moved within Silverton, never mind, but if you moved from many miles south, it could be an issue, although you should still be able to verify signal on all 3 satellites.

I hope the suggestions help.

Miner

·
Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
mlsmith17 said:
I am trying to set up my 1000 with a DPP 44 switch and 622. This whole setup worked fine at my old house and now I cannot get it working again. This forum is my last hope before I call for a tech. Who knows what I will end up with there.

Anyways, my suspicion from reading other threads is there is a special order in which the cables from the lnb's (DPP twin and dual) need attached. I thought I had tried most combinations. It still isn't working.

I know I have signal from 110 and 119 because when I hook one lead straight to the input 1 I get all those channels fine. I have not checked the 129 alone.

I can't find a simple wiring diagram anywhere. Is there a step by step process for hooking this thing up? What am I missing?:mad:
Try THIS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.