DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mentor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just played back tonight's episode of Heroes on NBC in HD and the only way it would playback is in 1080i Pillarbox - WTF? When the show first started it was in full screen 1080i as it should be and then it changed to pillarbox and back to full screen a couple of times for about 10 seconds each and then stayed in pillarbox for the rest of the show. Switching to other HD recordings or live HD programs displayed 1080i full screen as they should on my Pana 50" plasma. Was this a local broadcaster screwup or something in the HR20? It has never happened before.

The 1080i pillarbox display was nowhere near HD resolution either, it looked like a SD program - like an HD channel does on a SD monitor.

My brain is getting as fried as the HR20's software :imwith:

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Heroes looked fine for me tonight. Your local NBC station probably had a problem with their HD equipment and had to goto SD while they tried to fix the problems. I'm assuming that it was a widescreen image in the pillarbox (you had black bars on the top and bottom too)?

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
That's happened here in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale DMA with our NBC affiliate while broadcasting Studio 60 the other night.

·
Mentor
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bluesjam said:
Not an HR20 issue. Same thing here on my HR10, blame it on channel 8, again!
Glad to know I wasn't alone. I just checked my Brighthouse DVR and it was the same there too so you're right, it was WFLA's problem :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.