DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Plus HD DVR Package at $49.99 which seems like a great deal when comparing to other company. I'm concerned that after the 12 months I will then be up to $72.99 which is way more than I want to spend. Even if I go down to Choice package (with HD and DVR) after the first 12 months I will be higher than what I would spend at other company.

How does it really work? Will I be able to lock in a cheaper package after the 12 months? It is unclear to me by looking at web page what is the penalty is for canceling DirecTV early. What would be the penalty for me canceling in month 13?

Thanks!

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for quick responses on the cancel fee.

What are existing customers out there that are past their introductory offer paying for the Plus HD DVR package? Are people really paying $72.99?

Should I just assume that I will pay an average of $61.49 per month over the first 24 months?

Thanks!

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,809 Posts
fliptwister said:
Thanks for quick responses on the cancel fee.

What are existing customers out there that are past their introductory offer paying for the Plus HD DVR package? Are people really paying $72.99?

Should I just assume that I will pay an average of $61.49 per month over the first 24 months?

Thanks!
Ummm, that is what the package price is. Millions pay it. Still way cheaper then cable (around here) with a ton more channels no less. If I were to duplicate that package with cable it would cost over $100 a month and have less channels and waaaay less HD.

I had Premier forever ($105 a month I think now) but I cut it back to the Plus HD DVR package since with Sunday Ticket I was paying up toward $150 a month. So I save a bunch, get Netflix for movies and save some bucks.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
fliptwister,

Welcome to DBSTalk! :welcome_s

Just a heads up on the $23 off per month offer - from what I'm reading on here, under this offer you would be billed the $72.99 the first month (and possibly for any partial month the initial bill would cover) and you need to apply (online?) for the $23 savings, which may not show on your bill until the second month.

The minimum you would need to maintain with an HD DVR after that discount runs it's course would be $29.99 Family Package plus the $5.99 DVR Fee and $9.99 HD Access Fee. Plus $4.99 for each additional receiver if you have more than just the one HD DVR.

If all of that is more than you want to pay and/or if you don't want to pay the $220 to $240 early cancellation fee later, then I would maybe pass on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.