DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
AllStar
97 Posts
The above has been good info.

I'm using a VIP211 and Dish 1000, the antenna with the 129 LNB mounted by itself beside the 110/119 LNBs. Depsite all the postioning tweaking, many of the transponders on 129 are in the 11-14 signal strength range. A heavy cloud cover will take them out. My plan is to install the old Dish500 antenna pointing at 61.5. I'd remove the 129 LNB from the Dish1000 antenna and install it on one of the Dish500 LNB positions with its skew at 90 degrees. There's enough RG6 to run from the Dish1000 to the former 129LNB that will now be the 61.5LNB. Does anyone see any flaws in this plan?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,180 Posts
Try to point 61.5 with a direct run to the receiver, when you have it fine tuned then hook it into the Dish 1000. Run a check swith with neither dish connected before trying to point to 61.5 and run check switch again after you have it hooked up to the Dish 1000. The first check switch will clear the matrix on the receiver and make it easier to point the dish, the second makes sure entire system is hooked up correctly. Don't be concerned if the second switch test does not give the complete system the first time you run it. For some reason it may miss something and a repeated check switch may be required but once the entire system shows you should be all set.

·
AllStar
97 Posts
garys:

You rock. Just finished the project and it turned out great. Your suggestions were on the money. No more weak 129 bird. I went from signal strengths of 10-12 on 129 (Signal Meter has been modified. Select Help for details.) to 50-65 on 61.5 This is so good to see, I spent a long while just waching the signal strength meter showing decent numbers for a change.

It was a good thing I saved the Dish 500 antenna and mount.

As luck would have it, we got hit with two back to back rain storms and we had zero picture loss.

Thanks, partner.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.