DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. We have Directv at home and I ordered a kit from Satellite Oasis to use in our RV. It's an 18 x20 Triple LNB for 101, 110, and 119. The receiver is an H24. It worked pretty good and was easy to set up (or so I thought) On our last trip out, the dish fell forward during a storm and landed on the LNB. It quit working and I've been unable to establish a connection since then. I took the dish home and disconnected a TV in the house and connected the RV dish to an H24 in the bedroom. I changed all the settings to reflect the new zip code and type of equipment. 18x20 with multiswitch and I'm, still not able to make a connection. We've checked the wiring to make sure the connections are tight, but nothing seems to work. There are no dings, or visible signs of damage to the LNB or to the dish. What would be the most likely cause of the problem I am describing? Are LNB's that delicate? I've ordered a replacement LNB. Should I replace all the wiring also?

· Hall Of Fame
10,062 Posts
I would definitely replace the LNB. Yep, they won't take being banged around like that.

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
Most likely is not the LNB but rather the LNB arm. you might need to replace the entire dish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.