DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Banned
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Directv but I am getting married in November and moving from SC to VA, I live at home right now with my Grandma so I was gonna leave my Directv her for here because she is 71 and we can't get it in her name, is it possiable to home two accounts? in different staes? like can I have an account in SC as well as another one in VA? my future wive doesn't really have good credit so I would perfer geting it in my name.

Thanks,
Andy

· Hall Of Fame
5,000 Posts
Thats awfully nice of you to leave it for your grandma. I am sure she will love it.

· Registered
8,035 Posts
GodisGreat79 said:
Ok another question.

will I be able to get the new customers deal since its for another home?
Maybe, depends on the CSR. However, if the future Mrs. You hasn't had DirecTv before, she should.

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
mookittybark said:
As long as both accounts are active, you should be able to. However you will most likely begin a new commitment and they would have to re-run a credit check
At this time credit checks are only run with new customers only. If you have an existing service and wanted a second home setup you would actually use a movers connection order.

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Hmmm, thats funny. I was told that if you wanted to add on a 2nd account at a new address you could set up a new account. As long as both accounts are active *example: One account cannot be on suspension while the other is active*. This was from a Supervisor over at movers connection.

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
mookittybark said:
Hmmm, thats funny. I was told that if you wanted to add on a 2nd account at a new address you could set up a new account. As long as both accounts are active *example: One account cannot be on suspension while the other is active*. This was from a Supervisor over at movers connection.
You can do this but I couldn't see a benefit of having 2 accounts in 1 home. Suspensions are temporary and don't let the time run off a commitment. However it wouldn't be a new customer account unless of course it was for someone who didn't have D* service.

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Her age won't keep her from getting it. They signed my Dad up at age 83, but I had to give my credit card number since he didn't have one.

· Godfather
640 Posts
GodisGreat79 said:
I have Directv but I am getting married in November and moving from SC to VA, I live at home right now with my Grandma so I was gonna leave my Directv her for here because she is 71 and we can't get it in her name, is it possiable to home two accounts? in different staes? like can I have an account in SC as well as another one in VA? my future wive doesn't really have good credit so I would perfer geting it in my name.

Thanks,
Andy
What has your grandmother's age got to do with having an account in her name?

OT, if your future wife doesn't have good credit just live together. Once married her bad credit will become yours. Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.