DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
Buckeye3d said:
Would this scenario work? 2 houses with 2 completely separate DirecTV accounts / installs. 1 shared internet connection. Can 2 broadband DECAs connect to 1 internet connection without any issues?
Issues that would seem to become a problem would be MRV/whole home DVR service, if both have it as the router/internet connection would bridge the two into one.

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
Yeah, I think you would have to figure out some way to tell the router to allow both of them to access the internet, but not allow the two DECAs to access each other. I don't know enough about routers to know how to do it, but I would think there would be ways to accomplish it.

Otherwise I wonder if it wouldn't send some kind of a red flag for DirecTV to investigate if it saw receivers from two different accounts on one DECA network. Otherwise you could have people sharing receivers to get access to programming they don't subscribe to, kind of like account stacking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.