DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Cool Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my installation...

(2) DirecTV 18" dishes mounted on roof - 1 for DirecTV signal & the other for DirecTV locals reception
(2) DirecTV Plus DVRs (model R15) - 1 unit in living room & other in bedroom, each requiring 2 inputs
(1) 4 x 4 splitter - attached to back of house

There are still some OTR regional locals I wish to recieve, which I previously picked up using the dish-attachable Terk 42 amplified antenna. When the DirecTV installer was removing my previous DishNetwork installation, we noticed the Terk antenna had rusty/corroded connectors.

I want to buy a new Terk 44 (4-room connection, or 2 connection per room in my instance?), and install it with my current 2 dish setup on my roof.

Any ideas on how this can be done?
The installer said that it's possible I could mess up my 'digital local' DirecTV signal if I'm not sure of what I'm doing.

:confused:

· Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I think what you want to do is to replace the 4x4 multiswitch with a 5x8 multiswitch, and connect your OTA antenna to the 5th (antenna) input. Connect the first dish (the one pointing more west) to the Sat1 inputs, and connect the second dish (the one pointing more east) to the Sat2 inputs. If there is only one cable coming from the second dish, connect it to the 18V input for Sat2.

At each tv location, use a diplexer to separate the antenna signal from satellite signal.

Carl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.