DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· AllStar
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 HR21-100's setup and running next to each other. Both access the same TV and receiver via seperate inputs on my Pioneer TV's control box.
I use the same remote for both HR's. I didn't program the remote for both, it just works regardless.
Except perhaps as it pertains to the following:

Sometimes, often but not always, when I record a show on one HR it also makes the other HR do the same thing. Sometimes it doesn't.
Sometimes I change the channel on unit 1 and when I switch over to unit 2 it's now on the same channel I just switched the other to. Sometimes not.

I hope this doesn't mean I have to now use yet another *D remote, one for each unit. I have several sitting in a drawer that I don't use so I'm not concerned about having to get another, just the thought of having to use yet another remote.
Any thoughts?

Additionally, I've noticed in the past couple of days since I activated both of these for the first time that some of my saved shows have simply disapperard into thin air. Could it be because the software is still 'populating, etc"?

· AllStar
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you guys,

I've followed the procedure several times with a new remote and it now controls both DVR's but it does so regardless of whether I keep the switch in *D mode or AV-1 mode.

Am I right that when it is properly programmed only one DVR should respond when the remote switch is in *D mode and the other only when in AV-1 mode?

· Hall Of Fame
1,056 Posts
danor said:
Thanks you guys,

I've followed the procedure several times with a new remote and it now controls both DVR's but it does so regardless of whether I keep the switch in *D mode or AV-1 mode.

Am I right that when it is properly programmed only one DVR should respond when the remote switch is in *D mode and the other only when in AV-1 mode?
That is correct. I have two units in my media room, a hr20 and a hr21. The Hr21 is controlled in the far left position and the HR20 (it doesn't matter which units they are) is controlled when AV1 is selected.

· AllStar
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
techrep said:
That is correct. I have two units in my media room, a hr20 and a hr21. The Hr21 is controlled in the far left position and the HR20 (it doesn't matter which units they are) is controlled when AV1 is selected.
Thanks techrep,

and the procedure should work with two hr 21's as well? As opposed to 1 hr20 and 1 hr21?

· AllStar
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BINGO :D
Thanks ya'll...

· Icon
552 Posts
Mertzen said:
You can program AV1 or AV2 for the second receiver with the 00003 or 00002 codes.
Incorrect.

In spite of the fact that the on screen instructions presented by the HR21 suggest using code 00002 for the second receiver, the HR21 only recognizes 00001 and 00003.

Be careful to cover the IR receiver on one box while you try to change the code used by the other.

· Hall Of Fame
1,056 Posts
BruceS said:
Incorrect.

In spite of the fact that the on screen instructions presented by the HR21 suggest using code 00002 for the second receiver, the HR21 only recognizes 00001 and 00003.

Be careful to cover the IR receiver on one box while you try to change the code used by the other.
I believe that the 00002 is to be used with the Hx-xxx series receivers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.