DBSTalk Forum banner

What would you do and why?

• Keep 2-HR22's and wait until 4K warrants a hardware upgrade.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Might as well take the free Genie HR44 + keep one HR22 because of performance, size and 4K isn't aro

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Take the free Genie HR44 + free Genie Mini because what you have is so slow. *Add Ext HD if you want

• Even though content isn't there, get a 4K TV so you can get an HR54 and C61K/RVU.

• Other ~ What am I missing?

Votes: 1 8.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two TV's, each with an HR22. Out of contract.

Is it worth the performance upgrade, capacity increase and 24 month contract to upgrade to a Genie HR44 and just keep one HR22 (tip $ for a possible HR24 swap)?

I prefer the extra 2-tuners and DVR capacity over a Mini on TV #2, but it's slow. I prefer to stay out of 24 month contracts as much as possible.

Is the HR44 a huge upgrade and worth it or just roll with what I have and move to HR54 or next-gen when 4K becomes more prevalent? Thanks.

· This Space for Sale
7,436 Posts
Get the genie and as you mentioned, see if the installer can swap the 22 for a 24. And if they can't, maybe the 22 dies shortly after their visit.....? But since you prefer the extra DVR/tuners, don't get a Genie client/mini.

· Registered
24,395 Posts
Id get a genie and mini before I'd keep either of those two units. If you want the extra tuners for some reason (you add one tuner just going all genie three if you keep one of the other DVRs too) I'd get a HR24 one way or the other. 22 S are just way to slow.

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
You have the right idea. No reason what so ever to replace the HR22 with a mini. Get a Genie and politely ask the tech if he can service swap the 22 for a 24. You will love having two DVRs!

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

· Registered
9,461 Posts
DTVDiscount said:
Two TV's, each with an HR22. Out of contract.

Is it worth the performance upgrade, capacity increase and 24 month contract to upgrade to a Genie HR44 and just keep one HR22 (tip $ for a possible HR24 swap)?

I prefer the extra 2-tuners and DVR capacity over a Mini on TV #2, but it's slow. I prefer to stay out of 24 month contracts as much as possible.

Is the HR44 a huge upgrade and worth it or just roll with what I have and move to HR54 or next-gen when 4K becomes more prevalent? Thanks.
Like the poll.

Yep go for HR44 & HR24.

By the time 4K gets better establish, the HR54 will probably be history. So don't even think about it.

Reactions: DTVDiscount

· Premium Member
36,659 Posts
Can't see any use for a mini...I would not jump into the 4K morass until D* comes up with a better solution than the 54. I have no urge to do that. If you can afford a 4K set, you'll enjoy it just for the upscaling. The HR22s are one of D*'s blunders, I think.

Rich

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.