Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Godfather
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I know the answer to this question but figured I would ask:

Is it possible to receive 2 local markets via the satellite? Our local cable carrier has Atlanta and Chattanooga stations carried but didn't know how it worked with satellite--since Dish and FCC are 'best friends'.

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Godfather
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback--I figured the answer was no. We are eligible and receive the ATL HD locals off the 129 satellite. Although we are within the Nielson DMA for Atlanta, we can't get any stations OTA due to our distance and even more so the terrain (mountains) and I imagine it's the same issues for us to get Chattanooga OTA. I've seen some older houses around here that have OTA antennas aimed at Atlanta and others towards Chattanooga but, if they were on posts any higher, you could call them cell towers and FAA would make you put lights on them!

If it were possible, I would have gotten Chattanooga locals also for the news. That way we could get some 'local' news from some other location besides Atlanta. Chattanooga's weather is more consistent with ours here compared to Atlanta. Plus, I saw the Chattanooga stations and they had more news than just who got shot/murdered (like Atlanta stations).

I guess this is just an example of how FCC regulates to best interest of consumer as opposed to businesses' "right" to make you watch their commercials.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.