DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first game of the 2006 World Series between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Detroit Tigers
is Saturday (tonight) starting at 8 p.m. Eastern time. All games will be televised on FOX, and will
also be broadcast in HD where available.

Code:
Game 1  [COLOR="Red"]STL 7[/COLOR] - DET 2   
Game 2  DET 3 - STL 1
Game 3  [COLOR="red"]STL 5[/COLOR] - DET 0  
Game 4  [COLOR="red"]STL 5[/COLOR] - DET 4
Game 5  [COLOR="red"]STL 4[/COLOR] - DET 2
UPDATE:
WORLD SERIES OVER!

:icon_da: CARDS WIN!!! :dance01: CARDS WIN!!! :dance01: CARDS WIN!!! :dance01: CARDS WIN!!! :icon_da:

The St. Louis Cardinals win in 5 and are the 2006 CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!

·
Hall Of Fame
13,242 Posts
I love it. So many predictions about how the Cardinals didn't have a chance, and how the Detroit pitching, batting, fielding, everything, was so clearly superior to the Cardinals that the only problem Detroit would have is being able to control their laughter long enough to play.

I wonder how much laughter there was in the Tiger locker room after the game? Could their problem have been they actually believed all the hype?

This is not over, and for all I know the Tigers will take the next four game straight. But it was a great start to the series as far as I was concerned. :D

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw that earlier this morning...ought to be a big hit with Cardinals fans. :sure:

Cool composite pic, and the Archos AV700 40GB 7" Portable Media Player for only $289.99+$5 shipping
is a super deal but I'm really trying to resist the urge to woot! again before the end of the month! :grin:

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Note adjusted schedule for game 5 in post #1.

The 5th game of the WS will be played Friday, Oct. 28 at 8:00 pm.
If needed, games 6 and 7 will be played per the original schedule

189 Posts
Congrats to the WORLD CHAMPION St Louis Cardinals !!!!!!!!!!

Hats off to the Tigers for a great year too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Legend
107 Posts
Yes congratulations to the World Champion St. Louis Cardinals. I must admit with all the overconfidence of the national sports media and many of the Detroit fans, it really makes this special. No one gave us a chance and all the Cards did was flat-out win every aspect of the series. Great series, good time to be a Cards fan.

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The 2006 World Series is over and baseball locker rooms have been cleaned out until next year.
Whether your team won or lost, did you watch the games in HD or SD, or not at all? And if you
did, what was your impression of FOX's tv broadcast of the series?

Also, read the tv ratings and what others think and say on the subject here.

189 Posts
I watched the games in HD ( OTA ). I thought the picture was good but the sound, or should I say announcers, were ###!%#. Thank goodness for the mute button.

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think you're right. :sure:

I'll wave my magic wand and PM a mod. Thanks for the reminder.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.