1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much the same as last year

103 - Holly (Replaces UPop XM 29)
104 - Holiday Traditions
105 - Nashville Christmas (Replaces US Country XM 17)
106 - Classical Christmas (Replaces XM Pops XM 113)
107 - Special XMas

http://www.xmradio.com/holiday

·
Godfather
304 Posts
Very cool - thanks Steve.
Also remember 25 days of Christmas starts on ABC Family Dec. 1st.
Great for the kids... and most adults ;)

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
pez2002 said:
Nice nothing will be lost :)

Special XMAS is cool :)
Nothing will be lost except for UPOP...that is what's lost. Why the hell do they need to put Holly on 2 channels? (29 and 103) How about putting it on just 103 and leave 29 alone? Seriously though....5 holiday music channels??? Isn't one enough?

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The issue is bandwidth, XM does not have enough bandwidth to have the Christmas channels and not preempt programming. 103 and 29 are the same channel they're just mapped to two different channel numbers, but they take up the amount of bandwidth for one channel. Same deal as the MLB, NHL and NCAA Play x Play channels where there no sports action going on, the loop is on one channel and mirrored to the rest. Just like with locals on Dish Network, you have your local channels in the 8000 or 9000 channel range then again on their OTA channel numbers. It’s one channel mapped to multiple channel numbers.

And no one Christmas music channel is not enough. :)

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
It's all good just as long as they don't make Bob Edwards sing Kwanzaa Karols on 133! :p

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Let's not forget "SPECIAL X-MAS" on Comedy channel 150 - hiliariously funny,
especially Yorgi Yorginson, Santa Lost a "Ho", and those cute little Chipmunks.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
djlong said:
One Christmas Carol channel is TOO much.. I still haven't recovered from hearing them all so much in the 1990s!
I was listening to Christmas music in August on the ride down to Philadelphia. I can never get too much Christmas music, traditional or non :)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,345 Posts
I will say this - that's the one thing I've liked SO much about XM.. Those who want their particular niche can have it.. The only time 'my ox was gored' was when Music Lab went on-line-only. But they did add a channel that I liked so it evened out.

I've never been so happy to pay for something that is 70% crap :)

·
AllStar
54 Posts
djlong said:
I've never been so happy to pay for something that is 70% crap :)
IMO the 30% left over is well worth it. My taste changes just driving to work and back home and each way I find something I like. Maybe some stations I never tune to but their there if I ever want them.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Exactly!

I originally got XM for three channels, Bone Yard, Liquid Metal and Squizz. Now I listen to, The 60s, The 80s, Big Tracks, Bone Yard, BPM, Enlighten, Flight 26, Hear Music, Liquid Metal, Lucy, Squizz, The Message, Watercolors and X Country when it comes to music.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.