DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 437 Posts

·
Godfather
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am suprised Direct TV hasnt released a plan yet for subscribers for NFL Sunday Ticket in the event of a lockout so my question is for those who had NHL Center Ice during 2004-2005 when the season was cancelled what did D do for subscribers for lost games.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,224 Posts
"FLWingNut" said:
I have CI and I can tell you we didn't get anything. Why would we? No games, no payments. Games came back, CI comes back. What else would you expect?
I believe the point the op was getting at is if there is a shortened season would subs be expected to pay the full price it cost now for the package. That is probably what he meant by asking about the "plan" in the event of a lockout.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,838 Posts
There's apparently some new concern because of a letter from the NFLPA to the players advising them to save their last three paychecks because of the possibility of a lockout. Of course, that could just be sound advice for the players, but it's aroused some concern that negotiations may not be proceeding as well as has been recently advertised.

Boston Fan said:
Way, way premature. Not only are we still in the middle of the current season, but reports are that negotiations have been going better than expected.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,763 Posts
shendley said:
There's apparently some new concern because of a letter from the NFLPA to the players advising them to save their last three paychecks because of the possibility of a lockout. Of course, that could just be sound advice for the players, but it's aroused some concern that negotiations may not be proceeding as well as has been recently advertised.
A lockout or settlement should come in March if it's coming. Of course they could continue negotiating. We won't pay until there is an agreement.

·
Godfather
286 Posts
shendley said:
Until there is a deal, both sides would be well advised to continue to prepare for that possibility - negotiating 101. No different from the fact that the players are also in the process of decertifying the union even as discussions are continuing. Doing such things will strengthen the negotiating position for each side as they discuss the compromises to get a deal done. Might there be a lockout? Sure...but worrying about how D* might deal with Sunday Ticket subscriptions when the first snap of the season in question is more than 9 months away?

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
There is no need to address this until early summer 2011, prior to the start of the NFL Sunday Ticket renewal season.

No doubt there have already been plenty of meetings talking about what would happen, as well as the impact of it happening.

Then again...there's plenty of time to get an NFL deal done...so no worries just quite yet in 2010.

·
Cool Member
33 Posts
We are towards the middle of February and both sides are still not talking...

What happens if they cancel part of the season (or all of the season)? Would D* be responsible for crediting back any or all of the Sunday Ticket purchase price? I know with early renewals they start collecting monthly payments on it in July - I really don't want to give D* any free money (like they don't get enough of it as is! :p)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,714 Posts
what i would adivse is call and cancel ST that way you wont lose money yet. wait until nfl has a deal or a schedule then you can always sign back up.

that way your money isnt waiting in limbo.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,572 Posts
I along with everyone in my household loves the NFL and we all love NFL Sunday Ticket for the games. But the price is starting to get REALLY Steep. Last I looked the package is $339 Right now. I am seriously thinking about cancelling and hoping there is a lockout just to save money. I never thought I would ever say that but times are getting hard and money is tight and i think i speak for many in America. I would like to see the NFL somehow bring the price of this package WAY down. Doubt they'll do that but hey wouldn't you want to see the price come down? This package will soon be $400 if the consumers don't start to put up a fight about this package being so high. I'll just have to start watching the games on the Local Networks again and putting up with the games shown in my local area.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,714 Posts
msguy, i agree a bunch of my friends what we do is pick 1 house all chip in with our friend for the ticket that way its not a burden on 1 guy.

prehaps you can call and see if they will give you a discount as a loyal customer.

you could see the games at a bar, but then spend like 40-60 on food and beer, ive done that many times and it was alot of money spent.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,251 Posts
You can cancel up until the first game, right? If there is a lockout, and the season start is delayed, you should be able to cancel up to when they agree on a deal and start playing again. I'd say keep it until then, and decide if you want to cancel or not once they have come to an agreement and the season start is scheduled.

·
Icon
631 Posts
dcowboy7 said:
Do we have to go thru this so many x's.
Its $20 off for resubs + $120 credit which a peep must be a real dope not to get.

So bottom line its about $200....big woop.
I would never assume that everyone knows how to get credits for a better deal.
Im not even gonna deal with renewing until I know there is going to be a season
But yes $339 is a big deal to alot of people

·
Hall Of Fame
1,714 Posts
when does directv actually start billing for NFL ST, i mean can someone look at their bill from july or august when does the charge actually happen?

i assume for those that do 1 payment it comes out instantly or after first week.

likewise for those who do monthly when is the first charge?

·
Hall Of Fame
5,251 Posts
la24philly said:
when does directv actually start billing for NFL ST, i mean can someone look at their bill from july or august when does the charge actually happen?

i assume for those that do 1 payment it comes out instantly or after first week.

likewise for those who do monthly when is the first charge?
I'd have to check, but pretty sure my first charge this year was on my August bill.

EDIT: First payment was on my bill dated 6/27.

1 - 20 of 437 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.