DBSTalk Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

· Legend
124 Posts
This is just a shot in the dark, but is your recording set to start a minute or two early?

I'm wondering if maybe what you're seeing is caused by the fact that the CI channels sometimes start showing the pregame up to a half hour early (I'm pretty sure they're just re-maps of the RSA station). Unless you're subscribed to the sports pack, any out of market RSA would be blacked out. Maybe the DVR is getting that blackout message when it starts and is triggering the game search. Sometimes that takes a minute, so the first channel it finds (by now the CI authorization would have kicked in) is the SD channel.

That could also be why you're able to tune in to the game once it has actually started.

I wish I could offer a suggestion as to how to fix it other than subscribing to the sports pack, but maybe someone else who is more knowledgeable about how to set a recording on specific channels could help.
Thanks. I'm testing that theory by scheduling a manual recording that starts one minute late, after the feed presumably goes live. We'll see. And this problem is only for the Kraken feed. Every other team's feed will record perfectly. So odd.

· Icon
1,387 Posts
So far, I can't find any coverage of "Hockey Day in Canada" tomorrow.

769 has the SN / CBC tripleheader starting at 3:00 Eastern, but nothing before.
SN's coverage starts at 11:00.

NHL Network is televising an early game from Buffalo, and has the 30 minute SN Hockey Central Saturday at 6:30.
I couldn't find anything on ESPN+.

On another topic, I've noticed ESPN+ has added the 30 minute pregame shows from some, if not all Canadian telecasts.

On the ESPN "Watch" page on their website, you can see coverage starting 30 minutes before gametime.

I've never seen those pre-games on Center Ice.

· Godfather
1,020 Posts
On another topic, I've noticed ESPN+ has added the 30 minute pregame shows from some, if not all Canadian telecasts.

On the ESPN "Watch" page on their website, you can see coverage starting 30 minutes before gametime.

I've never seen those pre-games on Center Ice.
There was a press release before the season in which ESPN did note the added availability of some pre and post game shows. I'm hoping that at some point ESPN+ will pick up all of them along with any 4K HDR feeds.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts