DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Still separately owned by Sinclair, but the "synergy" that will come from gambling tie ins is one more reason not to watch RSNs. Certainly a good reason not to pay for them. Maybe we could get Bally's to pay for distributing the channels?
FuboTV is planning to add sports betting to their app later this year. It's one of the ways they think that their service -- which continues to lose money -- will finally become profitable. Of course, they don't have the RSNs in their line-up (or TBS or TNT, which air a fair number of NBA and MLB games), so that's a lot of games they can't take bets on. Given the relatively small number of subs that FuboTV has (still under 700k) and the ease with which their internet-connected subs can instead place bets on any game in much more popular apps like DraftKings, Bet MGM and FanDuel, I'm skeptical that FuboTV can ever become profitable without a significant price hike. (Being so small, they obviously have higher per-sub channel carriage costs than do the big boys.) But raising prices, of course, would probably spell their demise since their relatively cheap price is by far the main reason anyone chooses it over other options.

Feels a lot like PS Vue 2.0 to me.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Doesn't appear so. Just tried to sign up and it tells me I need satellite at my address

Did you read the article??

Just like last month's email, the most recent blast included the following disclaimer: "NFLSundayTicket.tv service is only available to non-DirecTV customers who live in select multi-dwelling unit buildings (apartments, condos, etc.) nationwide in the U.S. where DirecTV service is not available, live in select areas within various metropolitan cities, live in a residence that has been verified as unable to receive DirecTV satellite TV service due to obstructions blocking access to satellite signals, or are college students."
LOL. Yes, I read the article but apparently you didn't. The whole point of the article is that, despite the fact that the NFL is still using their boilerplate language you're quoting about NFLST.tv availability, the reality is quite different.

But once again, within the NFLSundayTicket.tv signup portal, we tested a number of addresses of friends and family members residing in suburban family homes, all fully able to receive DirecTV, and were given the green light for service each and every time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts