DBSTalk Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Mentor
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thanks, I've always just watched the preseason replays on NFL network, but I'm considering the yearly subscription to NFL+ for this season. As a Rams fan, it would be nice to get the LA telecast with Andrew Siciliano and the rest of that crew. Any idea what determines which telecast they use?

Another question pertaining to the live preseason telecasts - what DVR controls are available? Can you start at the beginning while the game is in progress, and is there a 30-second skip? And is there a 30-second skip on the regular-season replays?
I’m going to try and answer everything with I’m fairly certain has been the norm:

I think the standard protocol is to use the home team’s broadcast crew for live preseason broadcasts. I have seen the other side of the broadcast used on later replays.

I do not recall a means to start at the beginning if a game is in progress. Full game replays are available 10 minutes after the broadcast concludes. The condensed 30-minute replays are available 2-4 hours afterwards.

I cannot answer the 30-second skips. I just don’t utilize DVR stuff as much as a lot of other people on this board. If I miss it, I’ll just watch a replay later on with the condensed replay, so it’s not as much of a priority. It’s got normal pause/rewind capabilities, but I’m not sure about a 30-second specific jump.

Reactions: the2130

·
Registered
971 Posts
Thanks for the reply, B. Shoe. I use 30-second skip even when I'm watching ad-free recordings of games, because there are still dead spots in the telecasts, like when the teams are lining up for a kickoff between possessions. When the preseason starts I'm probably going to take the 7-day free trial to see how it works.

Are the preseason games archived or do you have to watch them live?

·
Mentor
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Are the preseason games archived or do you have to watch them live?
Preseason games are archived for replay.

Users from last season might need to re-install the NFL app on your connected TV devices. Mine currently pushes to Game Pass, whereas the NFL+ function has been updated on my iPhone and iPad apps. I'm sure that's just a fix with an update, but something to keep an eye on as we're approaching the Hall of Fame Game.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Glad to hear the preseason games are archived, since they often conflict with baseball games this time of year. I don't mind watching preseason games after they are over, but there have been times when I've had to wait as long as 2 days for a replay of a Rams game on NFL Network.

There doesn't seem to be an NFL app on my Samsung TV - just the Sunday Ticket app. The NFL app on my Roku still has GamePass on the menu, but there is an item in the Trending section that says NFL+ is coming soon to connected TVs - it says just in time for the preseason, so maybe it will be available this week. I could try removing and reinstalling the app on the Roku, but it's a hassle to enter login credentials with the remote, so I think I'll wait a few days and check again. Thanks for the info, B. Shoe.

·
Registered
971 Posts
The NFL app has now been updated on Roku to show NFL+. I see last night's preseason game is available with both a full-game and condensed-game replay for subscribers. How long do the replays remain available for the preseason games?

·
Mentor
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The NFL app has now been updated on Roku to show NFL+. I see last night's preseason game is available with both a full-game and condensed-game replay for subscribers. How long do the replays remain available for the preseason games?
Sorry for the delayed reply, I haven't been on the forums all weekend. The preseason replays should remain up there all season and beyond. You can still pull up preseason games from 2019 and 2021. They shouldn't disappear anytime soon.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts