DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,725 Posts
I am thinking it’s the last year on Directv is why they are doing it
Yep. DIRECTV is under no obligation to make Sunday Ticket profitable. They can use Sunday Ticket to retain subscribers.

Reactions: dtv757

·
Super Moderator
53,725 Posts
Perhaps "churn prevention effort" would be more accurate (anti-churn ?).

Churn is losing customers, whether or not they are replaced by new customers. It is measured over a period of time (DIRECTV measured it every month and averaged the months to create churn number they published - when such numbers were published). DIRECTV would like to prevent churn. Losing customers is never good. Replacing them is expensive.

·
Super Moderator
53,725 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,725 Posts
Perhaps with churn six years is considered "loyal"? Have they received other credits in the past few years? Have you received any credits in the past couple of years?

I do not know DIRECTV's formula. I don't expect the formula to be what I would design for a loyalty gift. I would include years of subscription but I probably would exclude subscribers already receiving a discount. Let them get NFLST as a retention offer the next time they call and beg. I see more loyalty in a customer who quietly paid their bill every month than one who needed a gift or discount to continue service. DIRECTV's calculation will vary.

·
Super Moderator
53,725 Posts
This year seems to be the easiest to get Sunday Ticket free. DIRECTV is even sending out emails announcing unsolicited free ST. See the "2022" thread for details.

Reactions: dtv757
1 - 5 of 5 Posts