DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,493 Posts
Yes I'm a very happy DirecTV customer. They always have amazing discounts as you can see on user above bill

Last year they gave me free NFL ST, half off MLB EI and half of NBA LP , on top of XX off for 12 months ... you won't find that from another provider (talking about regular consumer accounts non employee discounts etc)
Imagine the beating that other DIRECTV customers that aren't getting this love are taking. Bills over $200 for an arguably stagnant offering aren't all that extraordinary these days.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,493 Posts
Confirmed I just found an old bundled bill from 2010 and my bill was $190 (bundled )
What is (or what would be) your bill today? Ten years ago the prices (and the price structure) were much different. The bundle discount was $15 back in 2012.

The latest ARPU numbers I've found indicated that the average DIRECTV subscriber was paying $137.64 at the end of 2020 so it isn't unreasonable to assume that the ARPU is now quite a bit higher. I saw a bill posted recently for an account with 11 receivers that was well over $300/month. $190 is certainly not much of a reach.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,493 Posts
On my old vz bill it was 130 (bundle) then add on s ...
The bill you posted was peppered with honeymoon promotions. What was the base programming package?

It also appears that you were being credited for the DVR fee that was already covered in the programming package.

I'm guessing a recent bill for similar service would have nearly $50 in DIRECTV hardware fees alone.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,493 Posts
The All-included package deal has been extended again through July 22nd. It has been advancing a month at a time of late IIRC. Price includes Advance Technology fees and first TV. RSN fee (up to $11.99), any local fees/taxes and additional TVs are extra.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,493 Posts
Sorry I didn't make myself too clear. I meant for them to give me something other than the Sunday Ticket which I won't be using at all!
Sunday Ticket is something they've already paid for. Other "perks" would likely cost them real money.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,493 Posts
I'm just saying if they are giving true "gifts" for Loyalty they should find out what people want.
I think where you've gone south is that free NFLST isn't really a "gift" (thread title notwithstanding). This is more of a door prize with many, many numbers drawn and perhaps many to come.

There is just prize here but they're offering a large quantity of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts