DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Icon
1,065 Posts
Checked my account after reading these posts. I am now getting SHO/TMC for "free." I didn't request this. View attachment 32183
My new bill doesn't come until 6/5...
Well, I checked my account after reading your reply, and although I already knew I was again getting ST free this year as a result of the email I received, I discovered that three months of free Showtime/TMC were added on the 24th of this month, which I never requested. Oh well, free is free...
Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle Parallel

Reactions: VARTV and dtv757

·
Icon
1,065 Posts
Yes I'm a very happy DirecTV customer. They always have amazing discounts as you can see on user above bill

Last year they gave me free NFL ST, half off MLB EI and half of NBA LP , on top of XX off for 12 months ... you won't find that from another provider (talking about regular consumer accounts non employee discounts etc)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yeah, as I have mentioned in a few other threads, we have now been with DIRECTV continuous for going on about twenty-two years, that past three or four of which I have been fully ready to pull the plug/cut the cord/kill the beast, but DIRECTV has done just enough to keep us for yet another year. We, too, love the quality and reliability of the service, else we would not have been with them so long as we have.

Reactions: dtv757

·
Icon
1,065 Posts
Well, I checked my account after reading your reply, and although I already knew I was again getting ST free this year as a result of the email I received, I discovered that three months of free Showtime/TMC were added on the 24th of this month, which I never requested. Oh well, free is free...
View attachment 32185
Received this just now via e-mail, a full week after the channels were actually added to my account. I suppose I should give them at least an A for effort...
Font Electric blue Brand Graphics Event

Reactions: VARTV and dtv757

·
Icon
1,065 Posts
I have XTRA, MOVIES PACK XTRA, RSN Fee, the same Services listed along with the $8.99/month Protection Plan and have no discounts or freebies ... seriously ... WTF DirecTV???

Can you provide some insight as to what the $5 for 12 Months and $70 for 12 Months discounts are and how you got them? Thanks!
I call and speak to the retentions/loyalty people every year as my old discounts roll off and merely inquire about renewing them. Some years are better than others (a few years ago, I actually had free service for nearly a year), but they have always done enough to keep us happy. This year, the additional $5.00 one was obtained via Facebook messaging.
Here's the thread dtv757 referenced: Anyone Call DIRECTV and Reduce Their Bill Share Stats Here

Reactions: dtv757
1 - 4 of 4 Posts