DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
I got my bill today and got charged $7.00 for an extra receiver I don't have, two $2.10 TV Access Fees on top of the normal $7.00 TV Access fee, and a 24 month contract that I never agreed to. No Sunday Ticket though.:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
I contacted them and got it all fixed. They had no idea why the two charges for $2.10 each were on there or why my account showed 8 receivers instead of 7. They also said I was not in a 2 year contract. But it stole an hour of my life to fix their screw ups. I asked also if any promotions for ST. The answer was no.

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
The security guy in me would see this and wonder if someone added a receiver to your account (think hacking) and that might explain the app fees as well. Obviously change passwords but maybe talk to customer service and see if they can tell you where that 8th receiver was when it came online. And if possible, I would have them deactivate that 8th receiver to be sure it does not happen again.
Yeah I had to provide support with the serial numbers of my 7 receivers so they could remove the eighth one. They think it was added because I had trouble with the C61K and regular support couldn't fix it so they scheduled a tech visit to replace the C61K but before that appointment came advanced support called me and got the issue fixed and canceled the tech visit. They figure the new C61K they said they were going to replace the old one with somehow got added to my account even though the tech visit was canceled. The whole thing was a cluster all the way around. They had no reason with the two $2.10 charges were added as TV Access Fees.

My original issue, channel 104 not working, is still not working and support and advanced support couldn't fix it. Support trying to fix it made my whole C61K disappear from the server and they could restore it. The advanced support got the C61K added back to the server but couldn't restore channel 104. The only way I was ever able to get channel 104 restored previously was to have someone in the AT&T Office of the President to fix it. They no longer reply back to my emails anymore so I guess channel 104 is gone forever for me.

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
104 is one of the few UDH 4K channels. I recall some setting the disabled them if the output format is not set correctly. And I have seen that setting change with a firmware update or a rest to the box. Worth checking your output format to be sure it is set properly. Just shooting in the dark here. But I have seen UHD disappear before.
4K works for me on channels 105, 106, 107, 108. Just channel 104 does not work. It is a known issue that support has no idea how to fix.

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
My bill would be $277 right now if I didn't have two discounts of $44 and $25. 7 receivers with Premier package and the $8.99 PP (let the flaming begin how stupid I am for having the PP).

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Att.com shows this. I have not gotten an email saying I am getting ST or ST Max free. Directv.com does not show that NFL ST Max is set to auto renew. I know the 2022 MLB EI below is wrong because I paid $129 for it.

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Number

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
NFL ST isn't really a loyalty offer or it would make sense how they hand them out. I've been pretty loyal since the mid 90's with the Premier package and haven't landed a loyalty gift in the last two years. A couple of my neighbors have gotten the email of their loyalty gift of NFL ST for the upcoming season and they have both been with DirecTV for less than 7 years with the Choice package. They should call it what it is. A random drawing.

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Perhaps with churn six years is considered "loyal"? Have they received other credits in the past few years? Have you received any credits in the past couple of years?

I do not know DIRECTV's formula. I don't expect the formula to be what I would design for a loyalty gift. I would include years of subscription but I probably would exclude subscribers already receiving a discount. Let them get NFLST as a retention offer the next time they call and beg. I see more loyalty in a customer who quietly paid their bill every month than one who needed a gift or discount to continue service. DIRECTV's calculation will vary.
I currently have a $44 and $25 discount. I never knew you could get discounts until reading about it here around the time I got my 4K upgrade in late 2018. I have paid full price a lot more than I have received discounts.

Not sure if my neighbors have ever asked for or gotten a discount. I just saw they posted on Facebook they are getting ST Max free for the upcoming season.

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
I received a 2nd e-mail stating I'm getting Sunday Ticket Max free this season. It shows in my AT&T account but not in my DIRECTV account.
I asked a person out of the Office of the President, in my ongoing issue of always losing channel 104, about the same thing. It did not show up on DirecTV.com and did show up on the AT&T site. She told me to go by the DirecTV account and not to believe the AT&T account. That was before I got free NFL ST Max earlier this week. It now shows in both places for me but the AT&T one shows it as auto-renewing at regular price but directv.com shows I have it for $0.00. So I hope she is right about directv.com being the correct one. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
I did a Twitter dm and got it free. Then about a week later I got the same card in the mail that it was going to auto renew at regular price. I’ll have to keep my eye on it to make sure they don’t attempt to charge me anyway. I do have the proof they gave it to me for free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts