DBSTalk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 146 Posts

·
Icon
1,072 Posts
Checked my account after reading these posts. I am now getting SHO/TMC for "free." I didn't request this. View attachment 32183
My new bill doesn't come until 6/5...
Well, I checked my account after reading your reply, and although I already knew I was again getting ST free this year as a result of the email I received, I discovered that three months of free Showtime/TMC were added on the 24th of this month, which I never requested. Oh well, free is free...
Font Material property Screenshot Rectangle Parallel

Reactions: VARTV and dtv757

·
Icon
3,514 Posts
Yes I'm a very happy DirecTV customer. They always have amazing discounts as you can see on user above bill

Last year they gave me free NFL ST, half off MLB EI and half of NBA LP , on top of XX off for 12 months ... you won't find that from another provider (talking about regular consumer accounts non employee discounts etc)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Icon
1,072 Posts
Yes I'm a very happy DirecTV customer. They always have amazing discounts as you can see on user above bill

Last year they gave me free NFL ST, half off MLB EI and half of NBA LP , on top of XX off for 12 months ... you won't find that from another provider (talking about regular consumer accounts non employee discounts etc)

Yeah, as I have mentioned in a few other threads, we have now been with DIRECTV continuous for going on about twenty-two years, that past three or four of which I have been fully ready to pull the plug/cut the cord/kill the beast, but DIRECTV has done just enough to keep us for yet another year. We, too, love the quality and reliability of the service, else we would not have been with them so long as we have.

Reactions: dtv757

·
14 Posts
I have been an ST subscriber for 27 years and didn't get ST Max for free until the last few years. I haven't gotten the loyalty gift email yet like I did last year. I do have DTV only for ST so I have the most minimal plan available (Family) just to keep an account. For those that have gotten ST MAX loyalty gift for 2022, does anybody else have this plan or the lowest on the site Entertainment?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,497 Posts

Imagine the beating that other DIRECTV customers that aren't getting this love are taking. Bills over $200 for an arguably stagnant offering aren't all that extraordinary these days.

·
Icon
3,514 Posts
Never had a D* bill over 200 not even when it was bundled with Verizon DSL/phone

Confirmed I just found an old bundled bill from 2010 and my bill was $190 (bundled )

·
8 Posts
My original issue, channel 104 not working, is still not working and support and advanced support couldn't fix it. Support trying to fix it made my whole C61K disappear from the server and they could restore it. The advanced support got the C61K added back to the server but couldn't restore channel 104. The only way I was ever able to get channel 104 restored previously was to have someone in the AT&T Office of the President to fix it. They no longer reply back to my emails anymore so I guess channel 104 is gone forever for me.
104 is one of the few UDH 4K channels. I recall some setting the disabled them if the output format is not set correctly. And I have seen that setting change with a firmware update or a rest to the box. Worth checking your output format to be sure it is set properly. Just shooting in the dark here. But I have seen UHD disappear before.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
104 is one of the few UDH 4K channels. I recall some setting the disabled them if the output format is not set correctly. And I have seen that setting change with a firmware update or a rest to the box. Worth checking your output format to be sure it is set properly. Just shooting in the dark here. But I have seen UHD disappear before.
4K works for me on channels 105, 106, 107, 108. Just channel 104 does not work. It is a known issue that support has no idea how to fix.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,497 Posts
Confirmed I just found an old bundled bill from 2010 and my bill was $190 (bundled )
What is (or what would be) your bill today? Ten years ago the prices (and the price structure) were much different. The bundle discount was $15 back in 2012.

The latest ARPU numbers I've found indicated that the average DIRECTV subscriber was paying $137.64 at the end of 2020 so it isn't unreasonable to assume that the ARPU is now quite a bit higher. I saw a bill posted recently for an account with 11 receivers that was well over $300/month. $190 is certainly not much of a reach.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
My bill would be $277 right now if I didn't have two discounts of $44 and $25. 7 receivers with Premier package and the $8.99 PP (let the flaming begin how stupid I am for having the PP).

·
Icon
3,514 Posts
we got our bill and we didn't get the deal..not that I am concerned about it.. the packers are on tv more then anyone else.. I still wish that I had my distant networks though..
I hate when the packers are on my local channel there's a huge delay and the fantasy football alerts don't work on local channels

Go Pack

·
Icon
3,514 Posts
What is (or what would be) your bill today? Ten years ago the prices (and the price structure) were much different. The bundle discount was $15 back in 2012.

The latest ARPU numbers I've found indicated that the average DIRECTV subscriber was paying $137.64 at the end of 2020 so it isn't unreasonable to assume that the ARPU is now quite a bit higher. I saw a bill posted recently for an account with 11 receivers that was well over $300/month. $190 is certainly not much of a reach.
Idk about att bundle structure

On my old vz bill it was 130 (bundle) then add on s ...

Now cause of MLB season I pay around 130 ish ...

·
Icon
3,514 Posts
11stvs i guess 300 not bad . That's what the cable co would be (if I had them for video ...) ... and they don't have 4k .. and their service is trash

No thank you

Heck was at a gym today thay uses cable co and half the tvs lost signal . It didn't even rain but it was 90° outside ...

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,497 Posts
On my old vz bill it was 130 (bundle) then add on s ...
The bill you posted was peppered with honeymoon promotions. What was the base programming package?

It also appears that you were being credited for the DVR fee that was already covered in the programming package.

I'm guessing a recent bill for similar service would have nearly $50 in DIRECTV hardware fees alone.

·
Icon
3,514 Posts
My bill always has a lot of credits and promos lol

That's why I love DirecTV

Not sure usually I had total choice or now I have Xtra

41 - 60 of 146 Posts