DBSTalk Forum banner
61 - 80 of 146 Posts

·
Icon
3,505 Posts
Who do we call to check for discounts? Thanks.
There's a separate thread about D* discounts ..

There's probably multiple phone numbers in this thread

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Icon
1,072 Posts
Well, I checked my account after reading your reply, and although I already knew I was again getting ST free this year as a result of the email I received, I discovered that three months of free Showtime/TMC were added on the 24th of this month, which I never requested. Oh well, free is free...
View attachment 32185
Received this just now via e-mail, a full week after the channels were actually added to my account. I suppose I should give them at least an A for effort...
Font Electric blue Brand Graphics Event

Reactions: VARTV and dtv757

·
Godfather
524 Posts
Received this just now via e-mail, a full week after the channels were actually added to my account. I suppose I should give them at least an A for effort...
My thoughts too. Just got the same email this morning...

·
1 Posts
Well, I checked my account after reading your reply, and although I already knew I was again getting ST free this year as a result of the email I received, I discovered that three months of free Showtime/TMC were added on the 24th of this month, which I never requested. Oh well, free is free...
View attachment 32185
I have XTRA, MOVIES PACK XTRA, RSN Fee, the same Services listed along with the $8.99/month Protection Plan and have no discounts or freebies ... seriously ... WTF DirecTV???

Can you provide some insight as to what the $5 for 12 Months and $70 for 12 Months discounts are and how you got them? Thanks!

·
Icon
3,505 Posts
I just call DirecTV and ask for promos

I never have 2 "threaten " or anything .
I truly just be nice and say hey I was seeing if u had any promos on ... NFL , MLB etc

Last year they have me half off MLB EI and NBA LP... and free NFL ST !!

There is a thread in posted above where others also get amazing discounts

Reactions: TXD16

·
Icon
1,072 Posts
I have XTRA, MOVIES PACK XTRA, RSN Fee, the same Services listed along with the $8.99/month Protection Plan and have no discounts or freebies ... seriously ... WTF DirecTV???

Can you provide some insight as to what the $5 for 12 Months and $70 for 12 Months discounts are and how you got them? Thanks!
I call and speak to the retentions/loyalty people every year as my old discounts roll off and merely inquire about renewing them. Some years are better than others (a few years ago, I actually had free service for nearly a year), but they have always done enough to keep us happy. This year, the additional $5.00 one was obtained via Facebook messaging.
Here's the thread dtv757 referenced: Anyone Call DIRECTV and Reduce Their Bill Share Stats Here

Reactions: dtv757

·
Super Moderator
53,883 Posts
Perhaps "churn prevention effort" would be more accurate (anti-churn ?).

Churn is losing customers, whether or not they are replaced by new customers. It is measured over a period of time (DIRECTV measured it every month and averaged the months to create churn number they published - when such numbers were published). DIRECTV would like to prevent churn. Losing customers is never good. Replacing them is expensive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I called customer service over the weekend and was told I was eligible to receive ST Max for free. We’ve gotten it free the last three or four years. I never received an email. When I tune to 9580 I get a sweepstakes screen. The NFL ST channels in the low 700s aren’t on my guide. When I look at my package on the My AT&T app, I see “2022 NFL Sunday Ticket MAX $0.00/mo.” When I go to DirecTV.com, I see “2022 NFL Sunday Ticket MAX auto-renewal $0.00/mo” with the “I have this” banner in the corner. Does this mean I have it for free? Any other way to verify, short of calling customer service to confirm?
Thanks.

·
Icon
3,505 Posts
The NFL ST 700 channels won't show up until sept .

Possibly in late aug early Sept you may see that NFL st authorization channel.

Its still MLB season lol

Reactions: AZ.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I just received my bill for the month of June today & I also received NFL Sunday Ticket Max for 2022 free. A $395.94 value. Looks like they are giving away Sunday Ticket this year to very loyal customers. I have been with DIRECTV Since 1997. Very Happy I am!

·
Icon
3,505 Posts
Confirmed on my bill too

·
Icon
3,505 Posts
I was just looking at my bill and it says I have a loyalty gift again for this year. If this ends up being true, this will be the 3rd year in a row they have given it to me for free without even having to call in.
View attachment 32168
Whats Xtra (all included) ?

Does that include like thr HD and DVR fees ?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,436 Posts
The All-included package deal has been extended again through July 22nd. It has been advancing a month at a time of late IIRC. Price includes Advance Technology fees and first TV. RSN fee (up to $11.99), any local fees/taxes and additional TVs are extra.

61 - 80 of 146 Posts