DBSTalk Forum banner
101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Icon
3,508 Posts
Right was saying call and ask for something DirecTV (related) that u may be interested in ..

Like dog channel or something idk everyone has different interests

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,450 Posts
Sorry I didn't make myself too clear. I meant for them to give me something other than the Sunday Ticket which I won't be using at all!
Sunday Ticket is something they've already paid for. Other "perks" would likely cost them real money.

·
Icon
1,298 Posts
After seeing all these people getting free Sunday Ticket Max, I kept checking but was disappointed that my account was not showing it. Thanks to several of the above posts I logged into att.com instead of directv.com, and THERE IT WAS!

Last time I had Sunday Ticket, my Steelers were on national broadcast almost every week so I didn't need Sunday Ticket. I suspect it will come in handy more often this season...

Keeping fingers crossed that this is for real.

·
AllStar
171 Posts
Sunday Ticket is something they've already paid for. Other "perks" would likely cost them real money.
That was basically where I was trying to go with my comments. D didn't contact me about the Sunday Ticket so I don't want to contact them about anything else. I'm just saying if they are giving true "gifts" for Loyalty they should find out what people want.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,450 Posts
I'm just saying if they are giving true "gifts" for Loyalty they should find out what people want.
I think where you've gone south is that free NFLST isn't really a "gift" (thread title notwithstanding). This is more of a door prize with many, many numbers drawn and perhaps many to come.

There is just prize here but they're offering a large quantity of them.

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
NFL ST isn't really a loyalty offer or it would make sense how they hand them out. I've been pretty loyal since the mid 90's with the Premier package and haven't landed a loyalty gift in the last two years. A couple of my neighbors have gotten the email of their loyalty gift of NFL ST for the upcoming season and they have both been with DirecTV for less than 7 years with the Choice package. They should call it what it is. A random drawing.

·
Super Moderator
53,894 Posts
Perhaps with churn six years is considered "loyal"? Have they received other credits in the past few years? Have you received any credits in the past couple of years?

I do not know DIRECTV's formula. I don't expect the formula to be what I would design for a loyalty gift. I would include years of subscription but I probably would exclude subscribers already receiving a discount. Let them get NFLST as a retention offer the next time they call and beg. I see more loyalty in a customer who quietly paid their bill every month than one who needed a gift or discount to continue service. DIRECTV's calculation will vary.

·
Icon
3,508 Posts
I've had lots of discounts in my 20 years . Very happy customer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
Perhaps with churn six years is considered "loyal"? Have they received other credits in the past few years? Have you received any credits in the past couple of years?

I do not know DIRECTV's formula. I don't expect the formula to be what I would design for a loyalty gift. I would include years of subscription but I probably would exclude subscribers already receiving a discount. Let them get NFLST as a retention offer the next time they call and beg. I see more loyalty in a customer who quietly paid their bill every month than one who needed a gift or discount to continue service. DIRECTV's calculation will vary.
I currently have a $44 and $25 discount. I never knew you could get discounts until reading about it here around the time I got my 4K upgrade in late 2018. I have paid full price a lot more than I have received discounts.

Not sure if my neighbors have ever asked for or gotten a discount. I just saw they posted on Facebook they are getting ST Max free for the upcoming season.

·
AllStar
171 Posts
I think where you've gone south is that free NFLST isn't really a "gift" (thread title notwithstanding). This is more of a door prize with many, many numbers drawn and perhaps many to come.

There is just prize here but they're offering a large quantity of them.
Thanks. I guess I got too taken in by the thread title?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been with Directv since 2018 and have never paid for Sunday Ticket. I usually would have to call loyalty the week before the season and tell them i was not happy with so many people getting it free and they would end up giving to me for free. Last week I chatted with an agent about my bill and I was not happy with something that was put on it without asking and he ended up offering me Sunday ticket for no charge. My thought is since they will not have it next season they may be giving it out alot this yr for no charge.

·
Super Moderator
53,894 Posts
This year seems to be the easiest to get Sunday Ticket free. DIRECTV is even sending out emails announcing unsolicited free ST. See the "2022" thread for details.

·
Legend
228 Posts
I was previously told I had it for free but like others had no verification

I also had been checking the Att app (nothing) and today by bill posted (nothing on it) and was discouraged but after reading this thread I checked att.com and it's listed, 2022 NFL Max $0.00

I also checked channel 700-1 and it says I'll enjoy Sunday Ticket!

I think it's good, weird I never got the email but that's ok!

·
Icon
699 Posts
I called twice the first time nothing ... the second time $90/Month credit for 12 months! and the rep told me Sunday ticket not on my account (I have always had it dont know why it fell off) so I am going to call back next month and get it for free LOL well I actually might try but obviously I have much higher credit than needed to get Sunday ticket for free.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts