DBSTalk Forum banner
141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
I called 800-824-9077 retention/loyalty today and scored STMax free. 8 minute call, her screen said I was eligible so she added it. Didn’t threaten to cancel or anything- just asked if I was eligible as many others I know got the email saying it was free. I’m in contract until 2/24, but a sub since 1998.

It saved me $416 bucks this year, but cost The Deathstar $395.94 in additional losses. 🤣

If you call tomorrow or other times and get a rep you can’t understand, hang up and call again until you get a U.S. CSR. The lady got at 3pm CST today was awesome, but I was polite as hell, as usual. 👍
Tried this morning. Called 800-824-9077. It has been free for last several years, but not this year for some reason. I've been a customer since 2002. The CSR, clearly from the US, looked and said yes, I see you've had it in the past, but nothing available this year, sorry. I asked her if there was anything she could do, said no. I asked again, and then miraculously an offer appeared, not only free regular ST but ST Max, which is what I had been getting. I did get an email last week telling me that due to my loyalty I was getting $20 off a month for a year. Anyway, I'm happy for now.

·
Administrator
554 Posts
I've seen several people report that they were declined over the phone only to find it show up on their account shortly thereafter.

·
AllStar
78 Posts
Tried this morning. Called 800-824-9077. It has been free for last several years, but not this year for some reason. I've been a customer since 2002. The CSR, clearly from the US, looked and said yes, I see you've had it in the past, but nothing available this year, sorry. I asked her if there was anything she could do, said no. I asked again, and then miraculously an offer appeared, not only free regular ST but ST Max, which is what I had been getting. I did get an email last week telling me that due to my loyalty I was getting $20 off a month for a year. Anyway, I'm happy for now.
I called back and the rep fixed it. She said that I didn't qualify for the free ST Max, even though the previous person left a note that I was going get the loyalty. Which was weird because she said that didn't mean I got it free. Anyway, she said it looks like I did qualify for $16.95 off for 6 months, which I thought was an odd number. But I just asked if there was anything else, and she said, Oh, I can get you $50 off for 12 months. So it's all good. Just seemed weird this year.

·
Icon
2,197 Posts
On the Thursday of the first NFL game, I FINALLY got me "free gift" of ST. I was beginning to doubt DirecTV likes me any more!! It's no big deal either way, I'm content to watch my local teams and the other peripheral games we get anyway.

·
Super Moderator
54,018 Posts
Isn't everyone getting it week one? :)

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,776 Posts
Reactions: dtv757
141 - 146 of 146 Posts