DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine wants to get a 211, has a 6000 but has the HD Pak + Voom, but the thing is he pays the 6.00 access fee and has no AT packages, can he get the MPEG 4 additonal channels like the extra voom and ESPN2 HD, Universal HD and Food HD? If not that is crap, he shouldn't have to get an expensive bronze, gold or whatever the newer pak's are. he just wants HD and that's it.

·
Super Moderator
53,112 Posts
Like it or not, Bronze is the lowest HD package that E* is currently offering.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't I read somewhere that Dish offered an HD only package that included the mpeg 4 channels? But now that is toast?

Oh and thanks for censoring my amendment right to show an old lady giving the finger. what gives you the right! She's very sweet tho.

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
Sometimes people forget that their rights end when they interfere with someone else's rights...

But back to the question... I never did hear why Dish stopped having the HD-only package. It just disappeared one day from the selections available on the Web site without explanation.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,580 Posts
HDMe said:
Sometimes people forget that their rights end when they interfere with someone else's rights...

But back to the question... I never did hear why Dish stopped having the HD-only package. It just disappeared one day from the selections available on the Web site without explanation.
Does someone really have to tell you it is so DISH can make a PROFIT.:)

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
boba said:
Does someone really have to tell you it is so DISH can make a PROFIT.:)
If that were the case, they would not have offered it in the first place.

Back in Feb of this year when they launched all the new stuff... they also launched a new combined HD standalone pack of all the new + old HD at that time... then, a few months later, it was suddenly yanked as an option to subscribe to.

I never heard why they had the package or why they cancelled it.

If it was all about the profit, and that would make sense, I am clueless why they offered the package in the first place. Plus, if memory serves me correctly I think it was about $30 or so for the standalone HD... which was not much less than the BronzeHD pack costs anyway... so I suspect Dish could have been making more profit on the HD-pack standalone than on the Bronze HD pack.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
HDMe said:
Plus, if memory serves me correctly I think it was about $30 or so for the standalone HD... which was not much less than the BronzeHD pack costs anyway... so I suspect Dish could have been making more profit on the HD-pack standalone than on the Bronze HD pack.
... and IIRC, the standalone didn't waive the $6 HD Enable fee either - more profit. It seems to waive it now for people that signup for just MPEG4 HD Pak w/o Voom, but you have to be AK/HI to get that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.