DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does this idiotic machine grab the last few minutes of the game I'm tryin to record????

This has happened 3 times.

For $250 the should be PLAYING THE GAME IN MY LIVING ROOM GODDAMIT!

·
Godfather
306 Posts
jazaddict said:
Why does this idiotic machine grab the last few minutes of the game I'm tryin to record????

This has happened 3 times.

For $250 the should be PLAYING THE GAME IN MY LIVING ROOM GODDAMIT!
I just had something similar happen today. I forgot that the games started at 10. It was 10:45 and I had missed the first quarter. Luckily, I scheduled a recording (the red light was on, the little "R" was next to the title). Nope, no recording.

When I tuned to the channel, it asked what I wanted to do (those three options), I selected "keep recording". It didn't keep recording, it STARTED recording.

If you are betting on this thing recording the items on your to-do list, don't bet too much.
I think it records 50% of my "to-do" list.

·
Godfather
490 Posts
jimbo09 said:
I just had something similar happen today. I forgot that the games started at 10. It was 10:45 and I had missed the first quarter. Luckily, I scheduled a recording (the red light was on, the little "R" was next to the title). Nope, no recording.

When I tuned to the channel, it asked what I wanted to do (those three options), I selected "keep recording". It didn't keep recording, it STARTED recording.

If you are betting on this thing recording the items on your to-do list, don't bet too much.
I think it records 50% of my "to-do" list.
This happend to me with the Tigers/Yankees game on Saturday. I had it scheduled in the TDL and it didn't record UNTIL I TURNED IT ON LIVE. Then it gave me the three choices. I said "keep recording" and it started!

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rats. I was hoping for "oh, you have to do thus & such" rather than a rousting chorus of "me too"s.

Well, at least we're in excellent company.

Funny, it doesn't have any trouble recording other stuff. Matter of fact, it records ALL the other stuff just fine.

I'll be reporting back w/ my results from complaining to DTV; the *******s.

·
Mentor
116 Posts
jazaddict said:
Rats. I was hoping for "oh, you have to do thus & such" rather than a rousting chorus of "me too"s.

Well, at least we're in excellent company.

Funny, it doesn't have any trouble recording other stuff. Matter of fact, it records ALL the other stuff just fine.

I'll be reporting back w/ my results from complaining to DTV; the *******s.
Hi Jazaddict,

I'm not sure if you saw my posting about the Showcase feature. But, in there I also included how to contact The Office of the President. No, you won't get to talk to the President. It's basically just another customer service department. But, they respond when people get mad enough to write to him. They seem to be a bit more responsive. And, it's a free call! Or, if you want to make a bigger impact, write them a well worded letter.

Chase Carey
President and Chief Executive Officer
DirecTV
P.O. Box 6550
Greenwood Village, CO 80155-6550
1-888-237-8327
Good luck!
Larry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.