DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Legend
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I couldn't get an HR20 from D* earlier this week, I picked-up an HR20 at bestbuy for $299, and planned on getting D* to provide some sort of credit to get the cost down. When I called D* today, the CSR said that the HR20 is now available from them for $199, and they couldn't give me any credits for a unit obtained from a retailer. So, I guess I have to return the Bestbuy unit and place the order with D*. Does this sound right, or should I try calling more CSRs?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I would. Ask for retention. Be nice and ask them to look at your history with them. Tell them you would like a $250.00 credit to your account.

You might get what you ask for, if you have good credit and programming history with them.

·
Legend
199 Posts
BillyBob_jcv said:
Since I couldn't get an HR20 from D* earlier this week, I picked-up an HR20 at bestbuy for $299, and planned on getting D* to provide some sort of credit to get the cost down. When I called D* today, the CSR said that the HR20 is now available from them for $199, and they couldn't give me any credits for a unit obtained from a retailer. So, I guess I have to return the Bestbuy unit and place the order with D*. Does this sound right, or should I try calling more CSRs?
I tried to get a second HR20 from them for the past couple of weeks.First one I bought was in October,and now they say I have to wait 6 months to get another one for a substantial credit. So I asked if they would credit me something on my account if I bought it retail and they said $100 is the best they could do. I also had noticed that their website had it for 199 compared to BB or CCity for 299 so I went ahead and ordered online from DTV. As long as they apply the credit to my account,I'm happy with a $99 final cost. Plus I guess I could sell the dish it comes with since I don't need it.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
If you don't need the dish, chances are you won't get a dish. At least, that is how it has worked with me before.

I couldn't see the HR20 for $199 on the D* website. Maybe it is only offered to certain customers for that price.

·
Legend
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I returned it to BB - there was no line at the returns counter and it took less than 5 minutes. I decided that BB shouldn't benefit from having a price that is $100 too high. Also, now I'm able to order the HR20, 5 LNB dish & the dish install all at one time with no question as to the total price. I have been a D* customer for less than a year, so unfortunately I really have very little leverage to make demands. Compared to the money I just dropped on the flat panel and the entertainment center, the cost of the HR20 is pocket change! ;)

·
AllStar
56 Posts
I just went to the D* site, went to "upgrade my equipment", and was brought to a page that gave me several offers, including an HR20 and Dish for $199. At the top of the page when I started was a note that said this: "Congratulations! Because of your excellent account history, you're eligible to receive one of the exclusive offers below!"

·
Legend
199 Posts
sequoiadean said:
I just went to the D* site, went to "upgrade my equipment", and was brought to a page that gave me several offers, including an HR20 and Dish for $199. At the top of the page when I started was a note that said this: "Congratulations! Because of your excellent account history, you're eligible to receive one of the exclusive offers below!"
I got that same message the other day,but not today when I actually ordered it.
Also,I can't seem to get to the page to reschedule the installation. They have me down for Feb 7! Anyone else having problems getting in?

·
Legend
121 Posts
I upgraded to the HR-20 through D* couple of weeks for 299. Today, I noticed I was eligible to receive the HR-20 for 199. So I called D* and they credit the 100 towards my bill.

·
2 Posts
I also tried to order a second HR20 this week and got this reply from D*:

Dear Mr. ********,

Thank you for writing. We are excited to hear that you are enjoying your new HD DVR. The current price of the new HD DVR is $299 plus $19.95 for handling and delivery. Please know that prices are subject to change. Unfortunately, there is a limitation in ordering the HD DVR to one order per every six months. You will not be eligible to order the new HD DVR directly through us until 5/13/07. I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this may cause. However, you may be able to obtain the new HD DVR from one of our authorized DIRECTV System Dealers. To find an authorized DIRECTV System Dealer near you, visit our web site at https://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/findRetailer.jsp?assetId=500016 and enter your zip code.

Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,

Stacia
ID #300075740
DIRECTV Customer Service

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Well, I got mine in September, so I guess that's why no special offer for me!

·
AllStar
53 Posts
Just for kicks, I went to the website and tried to order the hr20+ and got to the 7th part of the ordering system and it showed a price of "0" for costs on the lease.
Maybe this is because I had cancelled the order 3 days ago.

Still interesting because if was cancelled.

Mike

·
1 Posts
I had been on the waiting list for a while and when I was notified that a unit was available I called to order. I just went with the standard pricing. This was before reading the forums..After a little research I called D* back today and they are not crediting my account the full price. I have been a customer for 8 years.

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
I dont get why they were $199 before, but $299 now. When I got my call from DTV for a second HR20, they said they couldn't do it because I already have one (some 6mo rule). Fine. They did say I could buy one from retail and they'll credit me $100.

Of course, that convo was mysteriously "forgotten" and now I cant get them to give it to me for $199. I have to wait the 6 mo to get any sort of deal.

I'm still kind of mad that I cant even order them for $199 over the phone or online anymore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.