DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two HR20's. Both of them Act very strange on the 2nd Tuner. The signal jumps up and down on the 101 Sat in the upper transponders. Channels on those transponders are pixelated with audio dropouts. Its only the 2nd tuner and both HR20's do it. My HR10-250 HDTIVO does not do it, nor my SD TIVO or my R15. I can move the HR20 to any any connection on the Multiswitch and they still do it so I know its not wiring, and my other receivers are fine.

I have not received the 5 LNB dish yet (Still have 3 LNB). Could it be the dish or my 4x8 Multiswitch? If so why is it not affecting all the receivers? I have tried both with the little inline boxes that the HR20 uses on and off and it makes no difference. D* sent me a replacement for one of my HR20s when I called Tech support and it does the same thing! I have had D* for 11 years and am very tech savy and truly understand most of this stuff but this has one me stumped?

Tech is coming on Thursday to install 5 LNB dish and new Multiswitch but from my experience I usually know more than they do. Anyone elese seen this?

Thanks for your help!

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
baeverly said:
Tech is coming on Thursday to install 5 LNB dish and new Multiswitch but from my experience I usually know more than they do. Anyone elese seen this?

Thanks for your help!
Yes, I've seen that I know more than the tech 9 times out of ten. Only time I didn't was the supervisor who came out one day. We had a blast chatting about installations, wiring, and such, so he now sends his rookies to learn from me...:) And he offered me a job of doing freezing outside installs. Wouldn't that be outstalls...:)

baeverly said:
I have two HR20's. Both of them Act very strange on the 2nd Tuner. The signal jumps up and down on the 101 Sat in the upper transponders. Channels on those transponders are pixelated with audio dropouts. Its only the 2nd tuner and both HR20's do it. My HR10-250 HDTIVO does not do it, nor my SD TIVO or my R15. I can move the HR20 to any any connection on the Multiswitch and they still do it so I know its not wiring, and my other receivers are fine.

I have not received the 5 LNB dish yet (Still have 3 LNB). Could it be the dish or my 4x8 Multiswitch? If so why is it not affecting all the receivers? I have tried both with the little inline boxes that the HR20 uses on and off and it makes no difference. D* sent me a replacement for one of my HR20s when I called Tech support and it does the same thing! I have had D* for 11 years and am very tech savy and truly understand most of this stuff but this has one me stumped?
Swapping the cables on HR20s still leaves tuner 2 acting up? But its for two HR20s? How about removing the BBCs and/or swapping them?

Also confused,
Tom

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tibber said:
Swapping the cables on HR20s still leaves tuner 2 acting up? But its for two HR20s? How about removing the BBCs and/or swapping them?

Also confused,
Tom
Tom

Yes, I have tried all 8 eight feeds from my Multswitch and get the same results for each. I orginally ran two fresh new cables and got the same result. I have tried with and without the BBCs and got the same result. I have 6 of the BBCs and they each give the same result. Whatever is causing it, it is specific to the HR20. I cannot get the R15 or HR10-250 or even an older SD TIVO to act the same way, so I know its not wiring or my switch unless their is something that these older units just handle better.

I am hoping when they replacec my Dish and MS on Thursday it solves the problem. If not I would say that their is some serious flaw in the HR20.

Thanks for your response!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.