DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently switched from D* to E* and I'm glad I did. However, my vip622, which controls both my den and bedroom tv, does not send the signal reliably to the bedroom (tv2). I have to hit the control buttons several times and move the remote to all different positons. It gets frustrating that I can't find a good, single position where a simple one click command will work. Any ideas on how to improve this? I have already replaced batteries twice so I know they are fresh and I have positioned the antenna on the back of the 622 in every direction I can. The bedroom is about 40 feet from the 622 and goes through two walls - could that be it?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,202 Posts
shortspark said:
I recently switched from D* to E* and I'm glad I did. However, my vip622, which controls both my den and bedroom tv, does not send the signal reliably to the bedroom (tv2). I have to hit the control buttons several times and move the remote to all different positons. It gets frustrating that I can't find a good, single position where a simple one click command will work. Any ideas on how to improve this? I have already replaced batteries twice so I know they are fresh and I have positioned the antenna on the back of the 622 in every direction I can. The bedroom is about 40 feet from the 622 and goes through two walls - could that be it?
This used to happen to me as well. I just added some cable to the back of the 622 where the antenna is and then attached the antenna to the end of the cable and problem solved.

·
AllStar
85 Posts
Like lujan says, use a length of coax to position the antenna up higher in the room where the 622 is located.

In a case where you have access to an attic or basement (or crawlspace) you can also run a coax all the way from the 622, up to the attic, thru the attic to above the bedroom, and put the small remote antenna there (in the attic just above the bedroom). Works really well.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,010 Posts
Better yet, combine the connections in a single cable like described in the linked thread.

·
Legend
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I tried the easiest thing first. I switched to the B from the A on the remote and it works much better. I do like the coax splitter fix as that would be the ideal situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.