DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!!! Been watching football since I could crawl and last nite was the first time I knew of a 3:00 minute warning...thx Gumbel :p

·
Godfather
307 Posts
Blitz68 said:
WOW!!! Been watching football since I could crawl and last nite was the first time I knew of a 3:00 minute warning...thx Gumbel :p
I love football, have the NFLST and follow it like a hawk, but for the second week in a row, I have forgotten that its on Thursday now...

·
AllStar
101 Posts
Blitz68 said:
I heard somebody on the radio saying that Gumbel sucks the life out of the telecast, and I couldn't agree more. I don't mind his show on HBO, but the arrogant attitude just doesn't work in a play by play situation.

I was a Steelers fan for a night as they were a pick in my knockout pool. Never thought that would ever happen as I've been a Cowboys fan for 30 years, but oh well..... I actually like the QB, and am amazed of their record. Obviously injuries and Super Bown hangover. They could be very dangerous if they have any chance to slip into the playoffs.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bobwhite said:
I heard somebody on the radio saying that Gumbel sucks the life out of the telecast, and I couldn't agree more. I don't mind his show on HBO, but the arrogant attitude just doesn't work in a play by play situation.

I was a Steelers fan for a night as they were a pick in my knockout pool. Never thought that would ever happen as I've been a Cowboys fan for 30 years, but oh well..... I actually like the QB, and am amazed of their record. Obviously injuries and Super Bown hangover. They could be very dangerous if they have any chance to slip into the playoffs.
Well. As a Steelers fan I can sum it up in one word. TURNOVERS.

They cost us the Cincy, Atlanta & Denver game. Santana Holmes has been muffing kickoff returns. And well been has been forcing things. That is our record in a nutshell.

In the Atlanta game we gave them the ball on there own 20 I think 2 times. Even as bad as Vick is I think he can figure out how to score this close.

And we still almost one the game.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
Blitz68,

Sorry - I had to lol.

You are obviously a huge Steelers fan and I certainly repsect that (Steelers are "my team" after the Vikings), but it's Week 14 and the name is Santonio Holmes!

Luckily, no milk on my sreen.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bobwhite said:
What is their playoff scenario? I can see them running the table to end the season. Will that get them in?
LOL Here is there scenario. They must winout out and everyone in the AFC must lose the rest of there games... Chances are not good. :nono:

But they only did it to themselves.

·
Icon
545 Posts
Bobwhite said:
I heard somebody on the radio saying that Gumbel sucks the life out of the telecast, and I couldn't agree more..
That's being nice!
There have been plenty of bad broadcasters in the booth over the years, but I don't think anyone has ever been as bad as Gumble!

·
Godfather
351 Posts
How many times is he going to just talk over Collinsworth? I realize Collinsworth rambles on himself but to just talk right over him has to be as frustrating for Collinsworth and it is for me to listen to!

·
Godfather
306 Posts
Gumbel was bad WAY back when he did CBS (?) games. Now, it's like he hasn't watched football for a decade.

It reminds me of when Craig Kilborn came back for a night on Sportscenter for some "anniversary" edition. He couldn't even do the highlights (I assume he still had a prompter). It was bad.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
No one can beat Madden, it amazes me that some one who does nothing but state the blatant obvious is a highly paid commentator and has a video game series named after him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.