Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I coulndn't find this easily in any threads so here goes:

1) Do you need to perform a phone setup? Mine did not prompt me so I am wondering how it will know what number to call, and dialing rules, etc... I saw nothing about this in the manual.

2) PPV ordering: I've seen a lot of issues on this. What has been the most successful route for most of you?

3) Locals in Denver - will they show up once I get the 5LNB installed? I hooked up the box but don't get my new dish until Monday. Will they be located in the same channels as the SD locals?

Thanks!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
1) No. The phone connection in the HR20 is not the same as a the DTivo. There is no need to setup a "local" phone number... It calls a 1-800 to upload PPV information

2) In general, I set the PPV to record. And then when I am ready to watch it, I purchase it then... one of the nicer features (I think) of the DVR+ line

3) Yes... once you have the Dish setup, and re-configure the unit to tell it you have the new dish... they will appear inline with yoru SD Locals

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
1) No. The phone connection in the HR20 is not the same as a the DTivo. There is no need to setup a "local" phone number... It calls a 1-800 to upload PPV information

2) In general, I set the PPV to record. And then when I am ready to watch it, I purchase it then... one of the nicer features (I think) of the DVR+ line

3) Yes... once you have the Dish setup, and re-configure the unit to tell it you have the new dish... they will appear inline with yoru SD Locals
If you have favorites that include your SD locals, will the HD-Locals automagically show up when they come on line, or will I have to go to ALL CHANNELS in the guide to see them and then add them to my favs?

How will I "know" when they (HD-Locals) have been turned on? (Mine are due before year's end) ....thanks!

·
AllStar
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Earl Bonovich said:

Thanks again Earl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.