1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,747 Posts

·
Legend
219 Posts
firemantom26 said:
Will the new H20 & the HR20 work with a 3LNB dish and the HR20 box able to receive OTA channels yet

Thank You
Yes, both will work fine with the 3LNB. The OTA feature is out unofficially, and is expected to go national soon. the 3LNB has no capability to receive the MPEG4 signals. This is now used for HD locals via satellite (retransmission). If you can receive your locals, and the local OTA stations are in HD, Your in good shape, use an OTA antenna until more satellites are up and in service. Then, there is suposed to be more HD programing and it will be in MPEG4 format. Hope this helps. You can upgrade your dish when the new sats are up, and D* will do it at no charge.

·
Mentor
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hdfan01 said:
Yes, both will work fine with the 3LNB. The OTA feature is out unofficially, and is expected to go national soon. the 3LNB has no capability to receive the MPEG4 signals. This is now used for HD locals via satellite (retransmission). If you can receive your locals, and the local OTA stations are in HD, Your in good shape, use an OTA antenna until more satellites are up and in service. Then, there is suposed to be more HD programing and it will be in MPEG4 format. Hope this helps. You can upgrade your dish when the new sats are up, and D* will do it at no charge.
what channels are broadcasting in MPEG4 ?

·
Mentor
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HDTVsportsfan said:
Right now, it's all of the LIL's. Local-in-Locals. The big 4, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBS. Maybe a couple others. Like CW or PBS. I could be wrong on those last two though.

Supposedly any new HD channels D* provides will be in MPEG4.
What about 96-97 RSN

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
HDTVsportsfan said:
Honestly, I don't know.

I'm sure someone will come along and give a definitive answer, sorry.

btw, you would need the 5-LNB to go along w/ the H20/HR20 to receive MPEG4.
Yes, 96/97 are in MPEG4 (spotbeams from 99/103). Here is a list of the MPEG4 channels (possibly not quite up to date, but pretty close: http://www.dbstalk.com/hr20/html/DIRECTV_lil_list.html.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.