DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
241 Posts
Anyone have any further success with this yet? I certainly haven't. I tried for an hour and couldn't get one to work. I tried everything I could think of, but no luck. Would be grateful if someone gets it and can share them to the Harmony database.

·
Legend
241 Posts
Guys, I got it! I'm not sure how/if I can upload my results to the harmony database. If someone knows how to do that, let me know.

Here's how I did it:

1.) Set the length of IR signal being sent to 3. Go into the Device options page for the device in question and go into Troubleshoot. On the first screen, select "Show me more problems" and click Next. On the second screen, select "<device> doesn't appear to receive every command correctly" and click Next. On the third screen, select "The device responds too much to some commands (for example, volume up increases the volume too quickly)" and click Next. Now you're on a screen that allows you adjust the length of the IR signal being sent (I think that's what this does). Set this to 3.

2.) Learn the IR commands from the HR20 remote in RAW mode. When you get to the screen showing all the IR commands, click the "Custom" button in the lower right corner (I'm using a TC30 from Harman/Kardon and it has slightly different software so this may be a little different for the Logitech software, but the bottom line is to learn in RAW mode). You should then see buttons to "Learn RAW". Simply create a new command and then learn the IR command in RAW mode from the HR20 remote. I didn't do any "timing" or blocking of IR sensors. I just held down the HR20 remote button for 3 seconds and released. For each command it took me two tries. The first time, the software warns that I may be holding down the button for too long. Simply do it again for 3 seconds and it then accepts the command.

3.) Update your remote and test.

All four "skip to" commands worked for me the first time using this method. As an example of how they work, take the skip to next tick. When I press this button (and release immediately) on my Harmony (TC30) it puts the HR20 into 1xFF for 3 seconds and then it jumps to the next tick and begins playing normally.

Let me know if you have any questions. Hope this works for everyone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.