DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Legend
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the purchase of an HR20. I currently have a SD directivo and use the 30 second skip a lot. I was told that this feature is only functional in a recording and not usable for the buffer on an HR20. I understand that the skip is actually ultra fast forward, which I can live with, but that it does not work on a paused live program(buffer). I heard that this only worked on a recorded program. Can anyone advise how this feature works on an HR20.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
It works just fine on buffered TV. I actually like it better because you can see what's skipping by and it still only takes about 2 seconds.

·
Icon
764 Posts
lman said:
I am considering the purchase of an HR20. I currently have a SD directivo and use the 30 second skip a lot. I was told that this feature is only functional in a recording and not usable for the buffer on an HR20. I understand that the skip is actually ultra fast forward, which I can live with, but that it does not work on a paused live program(buffer). I heard that this only worked on a recorded program. Can anyone advise how this feature works on an HR20.
Yup, as lamont said, works great on recordings or llive(buffered) shows. It also lets you accumulate up to 20 pushes, so comes in real handy for commercials, give it 6 or so quick pushes and goes forward 3 mins in a few seconds. There is also a button that goes backwards 6 seconds and you can accumulate x amount of those too, not sure how many.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.