DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mentor
36 Posts
Yup, DBSforums is gone ??? so here I am.

Does anyone know the final word on dbsforums?

Anyway, gald to be here, thanks for the service.
Hope I can dodge the D*/E* wars over here.

BTW, I have E* , 4700 and a 4000, no PVR yet.
Paid up yearly thru Dec and will then eval the merger, offerings, technology, etc and see what is best.

L8R,
rm

·
Icon
524 Posts
Originally posted by EricG
And it only took dbsforums to go down. ;)
Somehow I missed this one ... Anyway ,

In relation to your statement, it is interesting to me that DBSF.. has beed around quite a while longer than most of the other DBS, HT forums, but still has membership ( currently showing about 3500 ) considerably lower than other forums, some of which boast upwards of 19,000 + members.

Remember also that DBSF.. received advertising on Dish Network ( and a personal administrator appearance on a tech chat ) for a while, which makes my statement even more interesting.

Basically my question is: With the long term duration and high exposure DBSF.. has received over the years, why do they remain much, much lower in memership than younger, less advertised forums ?

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Frapp you can say DBSforums. Its not a dirty word. :)

Part of the problem is (and we see it here) is that 80% of the visitors here are unregistered, they just come here to read and learn.

The never post so no need to register.

With DBS most questions are answered for all it just takes some work to find the answers.

With the other AV forums people have a problem with a specific piece of equipment so they are looking for help thus register.

While we would love everyone to register here we know that will never happen. All are welcome just the same!

Hi All!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.