DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know, do the new software updates the last 3 months or so affect the 301 going into a "standby" mode?

For years my 301 worked flawlessly with my ReplayTV IR blaster, a few glitches aside. Now, every day, the first time the Replay tunes a channel on the 301, it goes to the wrong channel, as if the first digit "woke up" the 301,, then the last 2 digits are the channel it tunes to.

I have scheduled a bogus "recording" at 4:55AM to "wake up" the 301 for subsequent every day recordings, but today that didn't work as the first recording wasn't until noon. Sometime between 5AM and noon the 301 went back into "standby".

Am I going to have to manually schedule a recording to wake up the 301 before the first recording of the day?

Is there any other remedy for this?

If dish did this to screw with people who have tivo and replay, they screwed with the wrong guy. Lets see...I can't get directv because of a terrain issue, the cable here sucks...can you say netflix?

·
Legend
214 Posts
MikeInSeattle said:
Does anyone know, do the new software updates the last 3 months or so affect the 301 going into a "standby" mode?

For years my 301 worked flawlessly with my ReplayTV IR blaster, a few glitches aside. Now, every day, the first time the Replay tunes a channel on the 301, it goes to the wrong channel, as if the first digit "woke up" the 301,, then the last 2 digits are the channel it tunes to.

I have scheduled a bogus "recording" at 4:55AM to "wake up" the 301 for subsequent every day recordings, but today that didn't work as the first recording wasn't until noon. Sometime between 5AM and noon the 301 went back into "standby".

Am I going to have to manually schedule a recording to wake up the 301 before the first recording of the day?

Is there any other remedy for this?

If dish did this to screw with people who have tivo and replay, they screwed with the wrong guy. Lets see...I can't get directv because of a terrain issue, the cable here sucks...can you say netflix?
Inactivity Standby can be deactivated on the 625 via Prefrences(8); Inactivity Standby(8). However i'm not sure if the feature or menus are the same on your box.

·
Cool Member
28 Posts
Ohioankev said:
Inactivity Standby can be deactivated on the 625 via Prefrences(8); Inactivity Standby(8). However i'm not sure if the feature or menus are the same on your box.
To deactivate 'Inactivity Standby' on 301 go to 6.1.2 option. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.