DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllStar
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3rd HDTV I bought for upstairs. Its a Samsung lcd 32 inch. Cnet.com gave it good reviews. Anyway, is it possible to use rabbit ears/antenna to pull down HD signals for locals and at the same time have the satellite cable hooked up to the TV without a receiver box. I noticed on the TV that there are 2 inputs-one for the cable called air antenna and another input called cable antenna. Could you use them at the same time?

I don't have a box in this room because I didn't want to pay the monthly fee. I have it connected so that it runs with another box upstairs.

Is it even possible to have the satellite channels up and the off-air HD channels at the same time?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
As long as the off air input on your TV supports NTSC and ATSC you should be able to use a splitter/joiner to connect the 2 cables into one and run it into your TV. I doubt the cable one will work, I'm guessing that this is maybe for a QAM tuner? You'll need to check the manual for your TV to see what it supports. If the tuner does support both analog (NTSC) and digital (ATSC) then you'll need to make sure your Dish receiver is not outputting on a channel that conflicts with an OTA channel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.