Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

i am trying to figure a way to connect 4 legacy lnb into 2 dish network receivers. the sw-64 won't do it. i tried to put a sw21x a few different ways to give me the extra lnb input that the sw-64 is lacking but i just got a bunch of failed check switches.

i am basically trying to run 119, 110, 121 (german channels) and 61.5 (hd) satellites. i know if i went dish pro with dpp44 it will work. why don't i? i already have the dish and lnb's all setup and the $400+ it would cost me just to inject one missing satellite from what i want to do.

i would appreciate any help i can get. this has been on my list a long time.

thanks,

ck

·
Legend
101 Posts
Just to remind you, because I'm sure you already knew, the 121 orbit is only ONLY only available with an FSS lnbf (superdish, d1000+, d500+).....

None of this equipment is legacy. All FSS Lnbf's are Dish Pro.

Basically, you have a snowball's chance in Hades on getting your German's with a Legacy LNBF - since one doesn't exist that can pull that orbit ....

Sorry.

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
DishTSR3Mentor said:
Just to remind you, because I'm sure you already knew, the 121 orbit is only ONLY only available with an FSS lnbf (superdish, d1000+, d500+).....

None of this equipment is legacy. All FSS Lnbf's are Dish Pro.

Basically, you have a snowball's chance in Hades on getting your German's with a Legacy LNBF - since one doesn't exist that can pull that orbit ....

Sorry.
wanna bet?

He is probably usaing a 30" dish with a KU band LNB or a Primestar dish which the LNB is LEGACY

Hell, I had 110/119/121 for a while. Dish 500 with a Legacy Twin and a Primestar dish with the KU LNB on it hooked together with a SW21. Lots of people do this. When the SD 1st came out, people werent going to pay lots of money for that unit when a Primestar dish works just fine :)

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
for the OP, just do a SW64/SW21 combo

run 110,119,61.5 into the SW64
On the outputs, use a SW21 (NOT a 21x) and hook up the 121 dish. Hopefully the LNB for 121 has 2 outputs on it.

·
Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TonyM said:
for the OP, just do a SW64/SW21 combo

run 110,119,61.5 into the SW64
On the outputs, use a SW21 (NOT a 21x) and hook up the 121 dish. Hopefully the LNB for 121 has 2 outputs on it.
tonym, yes you're right... i definetely have linear high band only legacy lnb. same thing they used for years on starchoice. it's a dual. i will give it a shot and report back. i appreciate the help. this should also come in handy when i can get a legacy lnb working for 118.7.

ck

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
ckinninger said:
tonym, yes you're right... i definetely have linear high band only legacy lnb. same thing they used for years on starchoice. it's a dual. i will give it a shot and report back. i appreciate the help. this should also come in handy when i can get a legacy lnb working for 118.7.

ck
yep a Starchoice LNB will work :)

118.7 is KU band circular so that you might need a Dish500+ for that.

·
Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TonyM said:
yep a Starchoice LNB will work :)

118.7 is KU band circular so that you might need a Dish500+ for that.
it's going to take me a few days to test the above so don't think i forgot to report back.

microyal told me that they are going to have a legacy lnb for the 118.7... but they're still testing it. this is great because to use that dish + (500 or 1000) lnb you also have to go all dish pro and it comes with either a dp34 or dpp44. cha ching! :nono2:

ck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.