DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Mentor
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just signed up for D* about 30 minutes ago and was told my installation date would be October 21st.

I'm in Houston, and the hurricane really messed stuff up, but I'm pretty unhappy about waiting 4 weeks for installation.

The final straw that got me to switch from Comcast was the Blizzard promotion, which is a PPV event on October 10 and 11. I have to activate by October 9th to take advantage of that. All the CSR could say was "I'm so sorry."

In addition to missing that event, I'm really concerned that customer service does not appear to be a priority here. If that's what I can expect when they're trying to get my business, I can't imagine it's going to get better once they have my money.

All that said, I'm still on the fence about whether to cancel the order for now and let them sort their operation out for a while.

Does anyone know how to get an early install date?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,670 Posts
Well, you did just have a MAJOR hurricane go through the area, ya know..... I'd bet many of the techs are swamped with fixing existing customer dishes.

Now you could always contact a local DirecTV rep directly and see if they can set you up any quicker.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
15,592 Posts
Get your online account access set up and then check for pending orders, sometimes you can find better installation dates there then calling a CSR.

But between the storm clean up and the normally longer installs due to the NFL Sunday Ticket promotion, 4wks might be the best you can get.
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RAD said:
Get your online account access set up and then check for pending orders, sometimes you can find better installation dates there then calling a CSR.

But between the storm clean up and the normally longer installs due to the NFL Sunday Ticket promotion, 4wks might be the best you can get.
That's my concern, and it raises another issue. The regular season is almost half over by the end of October. So the Sunday Ticket promotion isn't such a great deal in that case.
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
77 Posts
steve_n_houston said:
I just signed up for D* about 30 minutes ago and was told my installation date would be October 21st.

I'm in Houston, and the hurricane really messed stuff up, but I'm pretty unhappy about waiting 4 weeks for installation.

The final straw that got me to switch from Comcast was the Blizzard promotion, which is a PPV event on October 10 and 11. I have to activate by October 9th to take advantage of that. All the CSR could say was "I'm so sorry."

In addition to missing that event, I'm really concerned that customer service does not appear to be a priority here. If that's what I can expect when they're trying to get my business, I can't imagine it's going to get better once they have my money.

All that said, I'm still on the fence about whether to cancel the order for now and let them sort their operation out for a while.

Does anyone know how to get an early install date?
Join the club. I signed up yesterday and my install was set at 10/20. Furthermore, I am in the Northeast(MA) and we didnt't even get hit with a Hurricane:confused:
You can try calling the subcontractor and have them put you on a cancellation list.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
187 Posts
Wow, this is the second thread that I have read crying about DTV service in Houston following a devastating hurricane. I can't believe you people can ***** when so many have real things to cry about. Grow a pair and live with it. You can call me insensitive, or you can look in the mirror.
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nodes of Ranvier said:
Join the club. I signed up yesterday and my install was set at 10/20. Furthermore, I am in the Northeast(MA) and we didnt't even get hit with a Hurricane:confused:
You can try calling the subcontractor and have them put you on a cancellation list.
That's what the CSR originally told me to do. But then she transferred me to order support and they told me that I couldn't even call the sub right now. :(
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
413 Posts
Even when things are "slow", it can take weeks for an installer to come out
I know the wait time was about 2 weeks for an installer to come out when I moved last month
And considering the damage Ike caused around here, I'd say 4 weeks is actually pretty good time
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,177 Posts
DanER40 said:
Wow, this is the second thread that I have read crying about DTV service in Houston following a devastating hurricane. I can't believe you people can ***** when so many have real things to cry about. Grow a pair and live with it. You can call me insensitive, or you can look in the mirror.
haha man your so rude.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top