DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,453 Posts
You are right. But here is a photo showing the delete button.
Sometimes it is a delete button and other times it can be something else. The function of the button (and any of the other colored buttons) depends on the context in which you are using it.

One of the places that it doesn't work is in the context of a program that you've just watched using the DVR function on the HWS (and probably others). There you must navigate using cursor keys to a delete menu option.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sometimes it is a delete button and other times it can be something else. The function of the button (and any of the other colored buttons) depends on the context in which you are using it.

One of the places that it doesn't work is in the context of a program that you've just watched using the DVR function on the HWS (and probably others). There you must navigate using cursor keys to a delete menu option.
Great update on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Hall Of Fame
3,982 Posts
Here too, the button's function depends on the context in which you use the button.
Yes, because it can clear both a whole series recording (for instance "That 70's Show") can all be deleted with the clear button by pressing it when the "that 70's Show " folder is selected, or you can select one episode and just clear one episode, non the less it is a delete button by any other name.

It can also be used to delete a One Pass timer and possibly other things the user can set up, but in every case its function is to delete whatever is hilighted by the user.

It cannot however delete a channel from the channel list.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I did get the remote control to work. So this morning to keep the battery contacts clean I applied contact cleaner.

Now even with new batteries none of the 4 lights on the top of the remote do not light up.

I would think that contact cleaner would have worked.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,453 Posts
Yes. But the remote somehow started working again.
Chances are pretty good that not all of the contact cleaner had flashed off.

I'd recommend against liberal application of contact cleaner spray in the future.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Chances are pretty good that not all of the contact cleaner had flashed off.

I'd recommend against liberal application of contact cleaner spray in the future.
I did let the remote dry for about 2 hours. Next time I will use a Q Tip. Then squeeze the excess cleaner from the Q Tip before applying.

The remote is still working great this morning.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts