DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered 1 HD reciever, 1 standard DVR, and 1 standard reciever last Friday. I was told that the earliest install date was Januay 27th! Is directv really that busy or is this a local thing??

I called the local installer and they told me they didnt have anything closer than that but they would put my work order in a place were their installers can pick up if they want extra work.

Not really impressed considering I can go get cable or DISH and have it installed before Christmas.

When I was talking to customer service I got the distinct feeling they could care less. I guess you can have the attitude when you have a month + wait time on your installs and your HD DVRs.

·
Legend
100 Posts
Hi,
Whats happened is that Directv wasn't prepared for such a demand on equipment, and hadn't manufactured enough equipment. I knowI've been one of the people calling customers and rescheduling the appointments

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dalek1963 said:
Hi,
Whats happened is that Directv wasn't prepared for such a demand on equipment, and hadn't manufactured enough equipment. I knowI've been one of the people calling customers and rescheduling the appointments
The install date is so far off I had to make sure I still got my mail in rebate. I cant imagine this is helping their business at all. I really want to try directv but I am having second thoughts now.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Call them back to cancel and tell them DISH says they can be out next week and if they can't match that you'll cancel. If they can't, cancel. That's just plain irresponsible.

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wolffpack said:
Call them back to cancel and tell them DISH says they can be out next week and if they can't match that you'll cancel. If they can't, cancel. That's just plain irresponsible.
I tried that. I told them I could go back to cable but I wanted to give Directv a chance. Like I said, they could care less.

I would get DISH but I dont like their confusing ordering system. They try to figure out what you need instead of what you want.

·
AllStar
53 Posts
onthecake said:
I ordered 1 HD reciever, 1 standard DVR, and 1 standard reciever last Friday. I was told that the earliest install date was Januay 27th! Is directv really that busy or is this a local thing??

I called the local installer and they told me they didnt have anything closer than that but they would put my work order in a place were their installers can pick up if they want extra work.

Not really impressed considering I can go get cable or DISH and have it installed before Christmas.

When I was talking to customer service I got the distinct feeling they could care less. I guess you can have the attitude when you have a month + wait time on your installs and your HD DVRs.
That's crazy. My sister called D* for an install and they were there the next afternoon! Installed 2 DVRs, 1 standard receiver, and wired the whole place. Did a good job, too.

It might be a function of the local install company and not D* itself. HD receivers (non-DVR) are readily available.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,238 Posts
saleen351 said:
Call this number:
888 237-8327

Be nice and explain your problem to them.
I ordered a second standard box, nothing fancy, on the weekend and the earliest install date they would give me is January 12th. Seems to me a month is a long time. I also tried to call the number given above and there is a recording which says it is no longer in service.

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I checked my order today and was suddenly able to reschedule for next week. I was not able to finish the reschedule on the web because of an error but the CSR was able to get me the same date.

Seems to me like their system that assigns install dates was not working correctly this last weekend?

I am much happier with this install date and cannot wait to get going.

NOW ALL I NEED IS MY HD DVR!

·
Legend
115 Posts
onthecake said:
I checked my order today and was suddenly able to reschedule for next week. I was not able to finish the reschedule on the web because of an error but the CSR was able to get me the same date.

Seems to me like their system that assigns install dates was not working correctly this last weekend?

Glad you got an earlier install. Could also be the lack of installers in certain areas as well. Sometimes you got to look outside the box and regain the perspective again.

·
Godfather
440 Posts
onthecake said:

Glad you got the earlier install.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.