DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my HR10 and HR20 connected to my TV via S-video, and my PS2 connected via component. Friday, I plan on redoing/rewiring stuff, and getting an A/V selector with component inputs. I planned to connect my PS2, Gamecube (Be here Thursday), HR10 and HR20 to the component input of my TV via the A/V selector. Now I'm reading in the HR20 book that the component output can't display a 480i picture. Is that true, and if so, why not? My HR10 can.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,189 Posts
Not sure where you saw that in the User Manuel. All formats should work with the component connection

·
Hall Of Fame
3,189 Posts
YPbPr output is component. This connection requires three inputs for video plus 2 inputs for sound. The video cable has Red, Green and Blue connectors.

Video(RCA Type/Yellow) is composite. No HD with this connection. This cable normaly has a Yellow (video) Red and White (audio) connector.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Component is what I planned on using. I just checked MY manual, and it only lists 1080i, 720p, and 480p as the resolutions available from the component output. However, I downloaded the manual from directv.com and it does say 480i as well. Must just have been a typo in my manual.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,189 Posts
Glad you have it cleared up. Good luck on getting everything rearranged. I have been thinking of getting a component switch box. Let me know is it works ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.