DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dish500 system with a 4900 & a 301.

This morning the 4900 is missing channels. Specificly, 118, 176, 311, 250, 172, 173, 144, 205, 303, 229, 169, & 224. These channels are missing from the guide & cannot be accessed directly. The 301 has everything.

I am subscribed to AT150 with HBO & Cinemax. Signal strength looks good.

This happened a week ago & pulling the smart card did not work, but unpluging the receiver fixed the problem.

This time it did not help.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
Confused in Missouri

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Hmmm...the channels that you are missing are spread across both odd and even transponders on both 119 and 110. First, I would try a check switch on your 4900. If that doesn't work, you should call dish and tell the csr that you are missing those channels. They may need to reauthorize your 4900 to get them back. Hope that helps!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, Mark.

I called Dish about this problem. While holding for a CSR, a recorded message said, "If you have lost some of your channels, turn off the receiver using the remote & wait 20 minutes. Your guide will be restored. If you're calling for another reason, please stay on the line."

That fixed the problem. Apparently, I wasn't the only one with this problem.

I have been lurking here for a while & enjoy this group very much.
Thanks again.

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Glad I could help, Confused. Why don't you register and join in on the fun? It really is pretty painless, and it makes reading the forums a lot easier. Regardless, though, welcome! :hi:

·
4 Posts
This was a common problem with 3900/4700 receivers. They changed software. If you didn't get an update, you would lose only a few channels. We had several of our customers calling us. Until we got the right tech, we were confused also.

Turn off the receiver for at least 20 minutes to get the latest update. That was the solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.