DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
7,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to power off my 4900, and when I turned it back on - I had ver 1.75P and the Raleigh locals (4,5,11,17,22,28,and 50) in their OTA channel number.

Note - WKFT (channel 40) was NOT seen in the EPG - I believe that channel 40 is out on 61.5, but I don't have a 2nd dish to be able to tell.

· Godfather
432 Posts
Maybe because I have had a dish for a few years now and am used to it. But I find the mirrored numbers 2-....
To be irrelevant and unneccesary. Do you still have to enter 3 digits I assume, 002, 005, etc
Or am I missing something more to why people would want this. Dish should be working on their PVR problems like getting the 721 and 508 and 921 released, stuff people want...
Bill

· Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Dish is getting things like this out for people like my mother. She still has a VERY hard time remembering that channel 5 is on 8352 and channel 9 is on 8350 and 12 is on 8351. No amount of charts and spoken reminders will ease the confusion of the channel numbers not only not being "right" but the killer is they are OUT OF ORDER! :)

From what I understand you only have to enter the one or two digits and give it a few seconds. It will change in much the same way that entering a 900 block channel does now. And if you enter the leading zeros it's instant.

See ya
Tony

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
Originally posted by andyf

They are working on this with Tribune right now. But do you really care about channel numbers.
When I surf, I usually start at the lowest # and go up (I'm obsessive compulsive enough to never want to start at the high #s and work down) :D . Many a time I missed stuff I might have liked on locals since it is usually 15 minutes later that my surfing brings me to locals. And since Locals usually require waiting 6 months for a repeat, I would prefer to hit locals first. But I know in the big picture that isn't a big deal from TiVo's point of view

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
Originally posted by Scott Greczkowski
It may not be a good thing if the Tivos start tuning to the local channel numbers on Dish Network, as not all receivers will be getting this upgrade.

It may complicate things just a bit.
With the having to pick which channels you recieve or don't it isn't that big of a problem. I would hope that someone not capable of getting 2-69 on their reciever would not add them to the "Channels I recieve" list.

· Godfather
432 Posts
The more I thought about it I guess it is a good idea especially for those mom's. My mom still calls me and says turn on channel 57, 'Mom what channel are you watching', oh HGTV, thanks thats 112 on my TV. Ohhhh
I am also slighty spoiled because being in NJ, I don't need to go to the 4 digit #'s for my locals they are at 241, 243, etc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.