DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

4k programming?

6K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  MysteryMan 
#1 ·
why doesn't dish run programs on a loop on 4k the two 4k channels. Make s few demo programs and run them when they do not have anything new to run. Would like to see what it looks like. Do they not have the capacity to do that?

#2 ·
speaking of 4k programming ... how many live sports are available via DISH?
i think they have an agreement with FOX Sports.. so i assume the NLCS is available via dish.. do they publish a schedule like D* and Optimum?

only asking cause i do a monthly schedule on AVS forum and would love some input form a DISH user ..

Thanks for any info ..

#10 ·
#11 ·
i saw a new FOX sports 4k event next week on the D* guide ..

just confirming .. will this be on dish ? im assuming yes cause its Fox Sports

Week 4 (10/21 - 10/27):

Thu 10/25
College Football: Baylor @ West Virginia 7pm EST (Fox Sports -FS1)

#12 · (Edited)
Like mentioned before, Dish's schedule for their 4K channels doesn't go out that far. They only have things listed for about 3 days in advanced, anything after that is just listed as "off air" until they populate the schedule.

The furthest thing out on the schedule as of now is Illinois @ Wisconsin on Saturday on channel 540-01 4K

To stay up to date, enter channel "540" on the "jump to channel number" box and keep on clicking ahead to see the schedule for channels 540-01 4K and 540-02 4KHDR on mydish.com/guide.

#13 ·
Like mentioned before, Dish's schedule for their 4K channels doesn't go out that far. They only have things listed for about 3 days in advanced, anything after that is just listed as "off air" until they populate the schedule.

The furthest thing out on the schedule as of now is Illinois @ Wisconsin on Saturday on channel 540-01 4K

To stay up to date, enter channel "540" on the "jump to channel number" box and keep on clicking ahead to see the schedule for channels 540-01 4K and 540-02 4KHDR on mydish.com/guide.
ok i will try to check it every few days. I also noticed an NBA 4K game on 10/30 but not sure who will be broadcasting ( Canada feed or FSN ? )

does Dish have FSN NBA games or only FS1 programming ?

again i dont have dish and asking to keep the Schedule on AVSforum updated and accurate.

#17 ·
My guess is they dont do world series in 4k due to ratings and advertising. I know last year fox had ALCS in 4k but not WS.

Also fox does 4k with no commercials so hopefully in a few years we can see the big game in 4k

And btw D* does not have WS in 4k either

Same fS1 games in 4k are on DirecTV , Dish, fubo TV, and layer 3
Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

#19 ·
First you need a 4K TV, preferable with HDR.

With Dish Network you need either a Hopper 3 (does 4K HDR and regular 4K) or a Hopper with Sling with a 4K Joey (only does regular 4K).

4K Joey also works with Hopper 3 but still only does regular 4K.

Probably need a good quality HDMI cable, nothing too expensive, look at Monoprice.com.

#20 ·
Then I should be set up. The Hopper 3 will go to my Sony 4K TV and the regular Joey will go to my non-4K TV in the bedroom. I already have the HDMI cables from Monoprice.

#21 ·
I believe the dog show will be in 4K on dish on Monday and Tue

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

#25 ·
Someone on avs forum wrote that March madness this week will be in 4k on dish.. can anyone please confirm with a photo of the guide ?

I checked the link for the guide and didn't see any events tomorrow

The user mentioned channel 540-03

Thanks for any clarification

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#27 ·
Someone on avs forum wrote that March madness this week will be in 4k on dish.. can anyone please confirm with a photo of the guide ?

I checked the link for the guide and didn't see any events tomorrow

The user mentioned channel 540-03

Thanks for any clarification

Two games tomorrow starting at 3:30 post on 540-03

#26 ·
They only released the March Madness brackets yesterday, on a Sunday. It takes a day or two for updates to propagate to the online guide.

They did rename the third 4K channel from HDR2 to 4K2 as prep since the channel won't be carrying games in HDR like it did for the Big Ten tournament.

#31 ·
I think next month will have women's world cup in 4k via FS1 ...

#33 ·
You need a cable that supports latest HDMI version 2.ob features. Supports 4K/60 Hz (18 Gbps bandwidth), bi-directional Ethernet communication with compatible components, ARC (Audio Return Channel) for sending Dolby Digital sound from the TV back to a AVR, 30-gauge conductors for dependable signal transfer. Crutchfield and Monoprice have a good selection with good prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.