DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Godfather
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 3-lnb oval dish and need to add a 4 x 8 switch. I would like to get one that will be compatible with the new AT9 dish when I make that change, but will also work now as well. Any recommendations. I want to do a self install and purchase one online.

Thanks.

·
Godfather
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dumb question. Do you have to have 6 in on that 6 by 8 or can you go 4 in to get thr 8 out? Doesn't seem like you are getting much on a 6x8.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
RxMan1 said:
Dumb question. Do you have to have 6 in on that 6 by 8 or can you go 4 in to get thr 8 out? Doesn't seem like you are getting much on a 6x8.
D* commissioned a single switch that would work for 99% of their customers which includes the foreign language customers and those customers in locations that use the two "other" satellites 72.5 and 97?. The 6 refers to 4 plus those 2 optional (and less often used) other dishes.

Most likely you would only use 4 of the inputs (which makes life a bit easier).

D* will install the switch with the dish if you upgrade, btw.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Isn't the WB68 non-powered? And haven't some people reported issues with the non-powered switch? Is there a 4x8 that's powered?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,020 Posts
There are no 4x8 multiswitches that work with the mpeg4 dish they will all be 6x whatever. For as mentioned earlier D* wants all the current model switches to also support the 72.5 sat location and the 95 sat location also.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
jcricket said:
Isn't the WB68 non-powered?
Yes

jcricket said:
And haven't some people reported issues with the non-powered switch?
Some, yes.

jcricket said:
Is there a 4x8 that's powered?
Not that I am aware of.

·
Legend
219 Posts
Try this.....Keep the 3LNB until D* really adds more HD channels. Add the 6X8 powered switch now and Enjoy "no serching for signal" error 771,or the like. There might be a powered switch available when you really need the new dish(AT9or AU90. This is working great for me.

·
3 Posts
RxMan1 said:
I currently have a 3-lnb oval dish and need to add a 4 x 8 switch. I would like to get one that will be compatible with the new AT9 dish when I make that change, but will also work now as well. Any recommendations. I want to do a self install and purchase one online.

Thanks.
I have had the following powered 4x8 for about 1 year.
Eagle Aspen 4x8 Multiswitch (DTV4X8)

I had a Dual LNB until mid November. I now have the AT9 dish, 1- HR20, 1- R15 and a Samsung with TiVo. I am using 6 of the 8 outputs to the three receivers. The 4x8 has worked flawlessly.

·
Legend in his own mind...
324 Posts
CapeCod said:
I have had the following powered 4x8 for about 1 year.
Eagle Aspen 4x8 Multiswitch (DTV4X8)

I had a Dual LNB until mid November. I now have the AT9 dish, 1- HR20, 1- R15 and a Samsung with TiVo. I am using 6 of the 8 outputs to the three receivers. The 4x8 has worked flawlessly.
May work now, but I think once D10 and 11 go up, you'll start having problems. The WB68 / 616 are the only ones that can do Ka I think...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.